Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteThe Polish 10th Armoured Cavalry Brigade -- attending Worthington Challenge 2017

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: mirth on October 01, 2017, 06:45:14 AM

The side says "thank you grandfather for victory."

Staggerwing

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on October 02, 2017, 11:40:40 AM
The side says "thank you grandfather for victory."

Спасибо!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

QuoteDutch Leopard Is in the late 70s.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

That guy in the front doesn't look someone to screw around with.

bob48

Not while he's wearing a tank, anyway.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Staggerwing

This may be a stupid question but couldn't an enemy ATGM team just get a sniper equipped with a large-caliber anti-material rifle to plink out the Trophy sensors before the rest of the team fired their missile?

mirth

Probably easier said than done.

Staggerwing

If some guy in a moving Coast Guard helo can take out a speeding drug runner's boat by shooting into the engine block it can't be too hard to hit a two-foot area on a rolling tank. Are they adding a mini-Trophy to take out 12.5 mm rounds as well?

mirth

Couple things - I'm guessing the Trophy gear is fairly robust. It is strapped to an MBT after all.

And if you start taking sniper fire that is targeting the Trophy sensors, that's a fairly good indication that an AT round might be incoming and it's time to get out of dodge.

mirth

JudgeDredd

Man - he's got loooooooooooooooong legs!  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

OJsDad

Looks like a game of whack-a-mole. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.