Commander: The Great War gets release date!

Started by Lord Zimoa, July 04, 2014, 08:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Commander: The Great War iPad gets release date!
JULY 4TH, 2014
Hi everybody,

First of all to all our American friends, a Happy 4th of July!

After a successful beta test where you helped us out bringing the game to completion, we are now ready to announce that Commander: The Great War will hit the iPad App Store on Friday 25th of July! We are very much looking forward to release, since this will be the first time that a wargame of this scale will be available on a tablet device!

Developed by the Lordz Games Studio, Commander will bring the exact same gameplay as the successful PC version, while allowing for comfortable and intuitive touch controls. The game will also make use of the proven PBEM++ technology to allow for cross-platform multiplayer, making it easier than ever to find a multiplayer opponent.

Commander The Great War is a turn-based strategy game for iPad that captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy. A huge-hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east, is the setting for 5 grand campaigns, including the 1914 campaign starting with the opening moves, as well as the 1918 Kaiserschlacht campaign.

Click here for the official product page.

http://slitherine.com/games/ctgw_ipad

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Con

Very nice

Are there any promotions or incentives for current PC owners to purchase this for the iPad?

Thanks
Cong

Lord Zimoa

PC patch 1.5.1 will be released before the 25th of July for sure and we have some more news coming, will announce something more next week....

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on July 04, 2014, 09:14:55 AM
Very nice

Are there any promotions or incentives for current PC owners to purchase this for the iPad?

Thanks
Cong

That would be really nice.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PipFromSlitherine

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 04, 2014, 10:34:28 PM
Very nice

Thanks
Cong

It's against the Apple terms of service to link purchases in this way, even if it were technically simple.

Cheers

Pip

Con

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on July 31, 2014, 11:05:13 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 04, 2014, 10:34:28 PM
Very nice

Thanks
Cong

It's against the Apple terms of service to link purchases in this way, even if it were technically simple.

Cheers

Pip

Thats too bad

I like the game but not enough to buy it twice since I already have it for the PC.  FYI I would probably hold off on some PC purchases ahead of time if I knew that there were plans to port the game to ipad/mobile. 

Thanks
Con