Main Menu

Kards: WW2 CCG

Started by fran, April 14, 2019, 01:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

Anyone else tried Kards yet?

This world war 2 collectible card game is now available on Steam early access

https://steamcommunity.com/games/544810/announcements/detail/3289225878487121512

Played the standard decks and seem good fun, like the card art and it seem a quite bug free.

Moreb

Seems like it could be a fun game and I do like physical CCG to an extent, I'm just not sure how I would feel about purchasing card decks that I cannot hold if that makes sense.

I'd probably like it more if it was a big game with a ton of cards that I played outright.
When dongles fly? - mirth

rocketman

Quote from: fran on April 14, 2019, 01:10:17 PM
Anyone else tried Kards yet?

This world war 2 collectible card game is now available on Steam early access

https://steamcommunity.com/games/544810/announcements/detail/3289225878487121512

Played the standard decks and seem good fun, like the card art and it seem a quite bug free.
Did you play online or vs AI? If AI, was it any good?

fran

You start by selecting a deck nation, and played against other AI nations to unlock other decks/nations. AI was easy to win against. Able to play against human opponents and that was good mix of opponents.

Please note you cannot directly speak to your opponent. You do have a selection of preset messages, and looks like you can edit them as well. Although I've not tried.

The connection to online opponents works well, so far I had not one game crashing.

You can also send friends invites.

fran

New Features
A new game mode is now available: Draft

A Draft is a set of up to nine matches against other players. You can play these matches at any time.
During a Draft, you play with a deck built by you from random cards.
You build a deck over several rounds after choosing your main and ally nation. Each round, you pick one out of three card stacks presented to. You continue picking cards until your deck of regular 40 cards is completed.
The Draft ends when you have either won 7 matches or lost 3 matches.
Once the Draft ends, you collect your rewards. Draft rewards become increasingly better with more matches won during the Draft.
One pack of cards is guaranteed as your reward (even with 0 wins).
Admission to the Draft costs either 15 gold or USD 1.95.

Read more about the Draft mode in the full dev blog on Discord or a high level overview on Steam.

The deck builder has been improved and updated to match the look and feel of the Draft deck builder.

steve58

fyi:  There is a free Anniversary DLC available for Kards on Steam.  The DLC includes 3 officer packs, 2 draft tickets, and special anniversary cardback.

https://gg.deals/freebie/free-kards-anniversary-edition-dlc/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Pete Dero

Yskonyn

This is quite a fun game. Play it off and on.
Very nice art too!  \m/
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."