NOW I'M OUT TO GET HIM! -- DC1:Blitz JRP vs Barthheart [Completed]

Started by JasonPratt, March 19, 2017, 03:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Out of curiosity, do you have a thread about what's coming in 2.0 of CS:ME?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 08, 2017, 08:54:29 AM
Out of curiosity, do you have a thread about what's coming in 2.0 of CS:ME?

In a systematic manner, not really, yet. There's the Sneak Peek thread at the Matrix forum behind my signature.

But something like this:

• New 2D Zoom-in View (in addition to ones in 1.0x)
  • New 3D Zoom-in View
  • Completely (well, almost) redone 3D terrain
  • 2D terrain revisited as well
  • 2D Counters with 3D unit images as a new option (in addition to NATO symbols, and side profiles).
  • New Toolbar, with more hot-keys too, for game and the editors
  • Events Engine (Lua scripts with some 100+ CS functions available)
  • Some new gaming features too, like the reconnoitring feature, for Recce units only
  • Some AI improvements, more to come in later updates.

Probably something else too. We should have a more formal marketing campaign starting towards end of October, with a release targeted for end of November.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

... and of course, the user dialog overhaul. How did I forget that.

With that, there was the Color Scheme standardisation for the various games. That one was most definitively something I really enjoyed. All that model building as kid revisited, as I looked at various camo patterns and pondered as which one to use where. 

Middle East received a Field Drab / Sand treatment, from the 1970s MERDC pattern, while Vietnam will be Green Drab in two variations. The coming Cold War game will have the color scheme of the Berlin Brigade camo pattern, my favourite so far  :smitten:

Sorry about hijacking your thread, but you did ask  O:-)

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Crossroads

Sir Slash

Way to hang in there Jason. I think this one's going to come down to the last guy left in Warsaw. Should be a good one.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Honestly, Barth deserves any praise for hanging in this long. He has played the hell out of a crappy situation. And didn't let half his army standing in the final reserve defense get vaporized!  ::) :uglystupid2:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Supposedly 30 minutes from now: TURN ELEVEN!

Wherein I must finally decide which task is more or less impossible.  :crazy2:

Crossroads

Thanks Jason, I had missed the periodic dose of Lithuanian war music!  :smitten:

I liked the live replay video in the beginning, I think it does a rather nice job in showing the overview as where's things at by beginning of turn. For end of turn, those diagrams are very nice too.

It is a vast map, those Polish lancers are quite something to keep at bay... There's never enough reserves is there.

As for your strategy, go for Warsaw... Warsaw Or Bust! That'll break them...  O0

JasonPratt

Well, it had been a while since my previous turn, so I thought I should give a visual catchup, too; but mainly it was to illustrate, before my move, why I chose to stop going for the other orange dots and focus on Warsaw instead.

JasonPratt

The next video is going to be very boring. And short.  :crazy2:

The short, boring version is that I have calculated it is certainly impossible for me to either take Warsaw, or to take everything but Warsaw. ALMOST everything but Warsaw (including Krakov), but a few towns in the backfield I can't even arrive at in two more turns, much less take.

Nor will the fact that technically Barth has only one more turn help (because Germany gets the final turn by themselves.) It wouldn't matter that he wouldn't be able to respond on my final turn.

Poland wins WW2 by themselves! Just in time to clean up and bury the dead for Christmas! (At least in real life. ;) )

Now... where was that mp RED THUNDER game with Yskonyn...?

(Yes, obvs I'll have a post mortem of some kind soon, just not tonight. Yes, I promptly read Barth's thread.  O0 It is conceivably possible I'll do a post mort video, too, using Barth's thread as a basis for commentary!)

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 06, 2017, 10:12:52 PM
It is conceivably possible I'll do a post mort video, too, using Barth's thread as a basis for commentary!)

Please do!

PS Blame Hitler for any / all of your stupid moves..  ;)

JasonPratt

PAPERHANGING CORPORAL!!  :knuppel2:

I'm putting my after action comments over in Barth's thread, for anyone wondering.

Sir Slash

No shame Jason. You were clearly up against a master of the game and I can tell you this scenario is tough against the AI alone. If this was a 'Best-of-Five' series, I'd put my money on you.  O0