Panzer Corps iPad is ready

Started by Lord Zimoa, December 13, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Panzer Corps iPad is ready
Release date and details announced
Epsom, UK – December 13th, 2013 – It's finally here. One of the best strategy games of the past decade is coming to iPad on December 18th, unchanged and with no features left out. Panzer Corps Wehrmacht has been defined as "a great remake of a timeless classic", "a great wargame", "the most compelling game in years" and now it's coming to the touch generation.
"The work on Panzer Corps for iPad has been a real team effort between our internal production team, Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio", said Iain McNeil, Development Director of the Slitherine Group. "We really wanted the game to include every single feature the PC game has and that's why it's taken such a long time to release it, but we're sure players will think it was worth the wait. We've even added some cool new features not on PC".
Panzer Corps will release with full cross platform multiplayer, allowing players to match up against friends all over the world on any platform. It will also include all previously released DLCs and expansions, including the recently release Allied Corps and the ten linked Grand Campaign add-ons.
"We are willing to give this market something new, while staying true to our wargaming niche values", said JD McNeil, Chairman of the Slitherine Group. "This project is a stepping stone because it shows we work with our development partners to bring the games to the next level even years after they've been released".
With the recent announcement of Panzer Corps being Greenlit on Steam it promises to be a very bright future for the series. For more information about the game, check out the product page.
To download the screenshots and icon pack, follow this link .

About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world's leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod (www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in their portfolio. Spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone's and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Games Workshop®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world's largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche sector. The Slitherine Group's mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry

Jarhead0331

Damn it. I'm out of space on my ipad.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Lord Zimoa

First Panzer Corps series on iPad review at Pocket Tactics, gets 5 stars!

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/review-panzer-corps-ipad

BanzaiCat

Cool. Going to check it out tonight when I get home.

$20 is a pretty steep price tag for an iPad app, though...hopefully this is absolutely amazing and cooks me dinner, too!  8)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 18, 2013, 08:15:05 AM
Cool. Going to check it out tonight when I get home.

$20 is a pretty steep price tag for an iPad app, though...hopefully this is absolutely amazing and cooks me dinner, too!  8)

Buying the base game, plus all the add-ons will cost you a minimum of $80 ($20 for base game + $60 for all add-ons).  Its very expensive for a mobile app, but Slitherine claims it is a direct port of the PC experience with no material cut.  Whether or not this justifies the price tag, I suppose, is a subjective thing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Lord Zimoa

Panzer Corps series for iPad has been upgraded to v1.23 and is now available or iPad. Just update via the App Store. Sorry for the delay in getting this to you but hopefully it is worth the wait.

Here is a list of changes:
- Added full German language support
- Added full Russian language support
- Added separate controls for music and sfx
- Added "Sleep always" command (invoked via Unit Info screen)
- Added "discard truck" confirmations when embarking a unit
- Paratroopers can now be deployed on the ground or in the air, depending on the ground/air switch
- Fixed award/hero notifications during AI turn
- Fixed bonus difficulty levels (Guderian, Rommel and Manstein)
- Fixed issues with map jumping
- A host of other fixes and improvements

Please remember to rate the app again after the update!

Thanks!