The Last Kingdom

Started by MetalDog, November 24, 2014, 08:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The Beeb and Carnival are starting filming on The Last Kingdom, an eight part mini series set during the ninth century reign of King Alfred the Great.  It will be based on Bernard Cornwell's The Saxon Stories.  Thought I might hip you Cornwell fans to this in case you missed it.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cast-set-bbc-carnival-game-150327181.html
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

No, had not heard of this til now.  Thanks for the heads-up MetalDog.  So excited!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

Quite welcome.  You might want to clean up all that 'excitement,' though.

bbmike

Wow, somehow I missed this as well! The Downton Abbey producer connection just might be enough to get my wife to watch it. Thanks!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Just got the word from Netflix, Season 3 begins Nov. 19th.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Sir Slash

Now I gotta re-watch Season 2 to see what I've forgotten.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

About half-way through Season 3 and damn is it starting to get good like a Viking-Fighting Show should. Lots of bodies dropping everywhere. And this time not just in bed with hot Viking wenches.  :bd:

MetalDog

I binged the first 8 episodes the day after Thanksgiving, thinking that the season only had 8 episodes.  There are 10.  I will remedy my ignorance of them this weekend.  There are two storylines I am currently not a fan of, one minor, one major.  The season on the whole has been pretty awesome though.  Destiny is all!

Sir Slash

I think I saw Bob's ancestor in the last episode. The guy with the Battle 'Stache the Vikings used to batter down fort gates.  :2funny:

bob48

That'd be great uncle Eric.......or maybe great auntie Freeda - they all looked much the same.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

When I was a kid I used to wonder how my grandparents could kiss without their moustaches getting entangled.

MetalDog

Just finished the tenth episode.  There is a scene in the last episode that makes it all worth it.  Season 4 can't get here fast enough!!!!

Gusington

There's four seasons already??  :o

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd