The Outlet Challenge

Started by steve58, January 23, 2020, 10:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Ah the young. Tide pod challenge, Cinnamon challenge, salt and ice challenge, set me on fire challenge, etc and now the Outlet challenge.  They are stupid as ever :idiot2:

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

What the hell am I looking at?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

That's a penny that has become welded between the prongs of an electrical plug due to teenage asshood.  If they had used a real copper penny the melting would have occurred somewhere else (like inside a wall).  When I was a moron (teenager) we would cut the plug off an electrical cord and tie the wires together.  Then we'd plug it into random outlets in order to blow fuses around parks and schools. 

Sir Slash

So YOU are the guy who blew-up my 8th grade Algebra class. Thank you.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

I managed to continue blowing fuses when I started my first job after college (ok, I had graduated to circuit breakers by then).  I managed to short power to the outside of a computer I was putting together (TI 9900!) and blew the breaker that also ran the department coffee maker.  People were way more pissed about that then the weld mark on the outside of the computer case.

besilarius

Electricity is so tricky.
There was an AN/SPS-29 air search radar on the Manley (DD-940).
That sucker had a pulse width of 2,000 yards and a range of something  like 120 nautical miles.  To get these numbers, it had a liquid capacitor that was the size of a huge walk in closet.
There were horror stories of Electronic Technicians being fried if they didn't ground the capacitor properly before conducting preventive maintenance.
Manley didn't have a helo deck, but had a large flat surface on the second deck.  When there was a helo transfer, one of the whip antennas had to be cranked down to lay flat.  Unfortunately, the deck apes would chin themselves on the end.
This could damage the antenna, and the boatswain mates were told to stop, but it was like candy in front of a toddler.
One of the ETs made a sign, "WARNING, One Million Ohms!  Touch at your own risk."
Worked like a charm.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

I had a TI99/4a computer when I was about 8 or 9 years old and used to manually type in games I would get from magazines. I can still remember that new computer smell.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd