Epic Games Store 2020 Summer Sale

Started by RedArgo, July 23, 2020, 04:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedArgo

So Epic is having their big sale through August 6th.

I really like the look of Anno 1800 and you can get the base game now for $25 or the whole collection for $55.  Anybody played it recently with the expansions and have opinions good or bad?  It isn't like I really need another game right now, but since when does that matter?

steve58

Arg.  May have to look into getting Anno 1800 (base game) myself.  Hopefully that $10 off coupon will work during their sale.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I love Anno 1800 but I would get 2-3 hours into the tutorial section of the campaign and always get shellacked. It is difficult.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

Thanks guys (I think), the $10 coupon does work, until 10/31, so I bought the complete version for $45.  Installing now, playing someday.

Gusington

Let us know when you get past the tutorial.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

I seem to be leaning more towards Industries of Titan than Anno 1800 ??? Of course IoT is not part of the sale, but for ~$20...maybe.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

fran

Quote from: RedArgo on July 23, 2020, 04:30:25 PM
So Epic is having their big sale through August 6th.

I really like the look of Anno 1800 and you can get the base game now for $25 or the whole collection for $55.  Anybody played it recently with the expansions and have opinions good or bad?  It isn't like I really need another game right now, but since when does that matter?

Anno 1800 is a well-polished game, the fact that you can go between different worlds/climates is fun, in all not too challenging.

Cannot go wrong if you enjoy this kind of simulation world building worlds