You Just Turn Your FRIDAY Head And Walk Away

Started by MetalDog, May 01, 2020, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: Toonces on May 02, 2020, 09:43:29 PM

Budd, what Gettysburg game are you doing PBEM?

Tiller's Gettysburg. Got waxed in the first pbem, Cavalry and cannon only scenario, didn't notice until to late most of my cavalry only had pistols....duh.. came out on the short end of the stick on those engagements. Just starting a 50 turn Brandy Station scenario, haven't opened the turn yet so don't know which side i'm playing.   
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

CJReich46

"Essential" Worker... translation: RED SHIRT RETAIL. :uglystupid2:

So after working the insanity that is that job...

I have Order of Battle WWII- It actually says if you purchase one DLC, you unlock custom content. So I grabbed US Marines. - downloaded Erik's "Blitzkrieg 1939-1940". I am very impressed with the campaign.  It took me a few painful attempts at the first scenario, to realize how supply lines work. Once I grasped that concept, and paced my offensive, it started to click.   

So I managed to get through Danzig (brilliant design and challenge) and now I'm at Lodz, and from what I saw in the briefing it is a challenge. 

Then after our discussions on Shogun 2 TW I thought "Why not?" So I decided to play the Rise of the Samurai DLC ( I will probably be grabbing the rest - Dragon War, Otomo, Ikko-Ikki and Saints and Heroes- total is 5.00)

Oh by the way if you get a strange sound during the intro video, menus..the tech tip I learned is turn on V-sync. Problem solved.

So I booted it up, and started as the Kamakura Minamoto.  I had some hard lessons to learn - your armies are going to be based more on cheap levies. There's better quality units (attendants and samurai) but you're not going to have large numbers of them. The other one is how the campaign is more about influence.  But I figure I'll be at Rise of the Samurai today

Funny you mention MT2W I have yet to actually play through a campaign too.  On the list!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Interesting info about Rise of the Samurai. I hope to get around to it...eventually.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Have found myself playing a lot of Stellaris the last few days.  I've had a fun game going as a Rome/Cardassian-style empire (my goal is to take over the galaxy for "the greater good"), so we'll see how it plays out. 

After this game, I think I'm going to update Stellaris to the current version, and -- again -- try to master the colony management system introduced in the 2.2 update, at least to the point where I can tolerate it.  I really want to pick up the Ancient Relics and Federations DLC after having watched some LP's, as they look like an absolute blast.  It just means I'm going to have to practice one of my lesser virtues...patience.  :buck2: 

I've also been playing a little Thrones of Britannia.  Reading Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales always inspires me.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

CJReich46

Quote from: Martok on May 03, 2020, 06:46:26 PM
Have found myself playing a lot of Stellaris the last few days.  I've had a fun game going as a Rome/Cardassian-style empire (my goal is to take over the galaxy for "the greater good"), so we'll see how it plays out. 

After this game, I think I'm going to update Stellaris to the current version, and -- again -- try to master the colony management system introduced in the 2.2 update, at least to the point where I can tolerate it.  I really want to pick up the Ancient Relics and Federations DLC after having watched some LP's, as they look like an absolute blast.  It just means I'm going to have to practice one of my lesser virtues...patience.  :buck2: 

I've also been playing a little Thrones of Britannia.  Reading Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales always inspires me.  :D

I read the Last Kingdom and loved it.

I'm in that boat with Stellaris too. The newest three DLCs do sound interesting just I'm willing to wait a bit on them.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

I've been watching the Last Kingdom, Season 4 on Netflix and another slow start to episode 3, but now were talking some Saxon/Dane action and treachery. LOVE the period.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

I made it through the first 4.  Then life intervened.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I always fall for that slow start and then I'm hooked by the time something really exciting happens. I just wish there were more episode per season.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

They went from eight the first two season to ten last season and this.  You don't want them to have to work all that hard, do you?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Destiny should be worth at least 12 episodes a season. That's not too much to ask for all of England is it?  ???