Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 06, 2018, 11:55:09 AM
you gotta read it all, tough as it is... homeless in NYC

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/03/nyregion/nyc-homeless-nakesha-mental-illness.html

A great read that had me welling up at times  :'(  it just goes to show how complicated the reasons are for homelessness , and that it's not an easy area to help out another person . I think these sentences in this article showed how unreachable she was ,"she somehow managed to hold on to all of us , but she wouldn't let us hold on to her."  :'(  Thankgoodness people kept trying to help her and reach her , and even though they never got her off the streets before she died , all of that kindness must have definitely given her a better quality of life than she would have had , if all of those people had just ignored her .

Quote from: mirth on March 06, 2018, 02:57:03 PM
https://theintercept.com/2018/03/02/consumers-are-revolting-against-animal-cruelty-so-the-poultry-industry-is-lobbying-for-laws-to-force-stores-to-sell-their-eggs/

Animal cruelty is really upsetting  :'( That was a good article ,but difficult to read :(
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Staggerwing

I saw that yesterday.

TBH, I actually envy the guy. I wish I could turn off the outside world just like that.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

mirth

bayonetbrant

mirth