Main Menu

What next for Goodell?

Started by MetalDog, May 23, 2015, 11:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Guess the data didn't support their conclusion....much less the sham trial Goodell put the Patriots through. He should resign, but he clearly has no shame.

mirth

It's laughable to have him continue to talk about protecting the integrity of the game.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

The NFL is far too large for its britches. I credit them for turning me off from football. I've ranted about the NFL being an annoying whore for advertisers before, but the lack of integrity within is far more blatant and disgusting.

MetalDog

Goodell, unfortunately, is going nowhere.  He gets paid handsomely to be the public whipping boy for the owners.  And like every good soldier before him, will go down in a hail of media-fire when they are done with him.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

It's really too bad other football leagues get little to no press or fan support.

I REALLY did like Arena Football when we had it here for a very short time back in the 90s. Affordable, fast, players aren't millionaire prima-donnas. I'd sit down and watch an Arena Football game on television before I can sit still through even a quarter of NFL football.

mirth

I'm reaching the end of my tolerance for the NFL. Very similar to what I went through with the NBA 15 years ago. Each year I watch less of the regular season. Soon it will only be playoff games. Eventually not at all.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Arena football is still around.  And there is a new league starting this spring called Major League Football.  It will have teams in cities that don't already have football or baseball.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob