Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Another new video showing the new Diplomacy and Politics features. This game is starting to look better than Selma Hayek carrying a plate of hotwings and a keg.  http://twcenter.net
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Come now...nothing looks that good.

Is the video worth watching?

BTW I pre-ordered the game through the VIP Green Man Gaming section yesterday for ~35.99...the deal should still be on for anyone interested. Don't pretend you're not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yeah, the video is worth watching.

Sort of makes me mad that Rome II didn't have these features though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

I am still debating whether to pre purchase or not, still have 3 months before release and guessing we'll see some additional price breaks before then.  Does look good though so who knows:)

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 29, 2014, 11:18:25 AM
Another new video showing the new Diplomacy and Politics features. This game is starting to look better than Selma Hayek carrying a plate of hotwings and a keg.  http://twcenter.net

That all sounded so rational.  I especially liked the tutiliage of retainers feature!  Not a hint of infantile bombast!  the Tutiliage must be working!

Sir Slash

Damn right I'm interested for $36. Thanks for the tip Gus. Hope you get a VIP cut.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Gusington on November 29, 2014, 01:55:02 PM

BTW I pre-ordered the game through the VIP Green Man Gaming section yesterday for ~35.99...the deal should still be on for anyone interested. Don't pretend you're not.

Pre ordered as per your tip! Thank you, sir!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

I live to serve. Have you seen the developers' YouTube video on politics, diplomacy, etc? It's here in case you haven't:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Yes I have! Crusader Kings-light in TW! Yummy!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

I thought the same thing...the campaign map and all the overlays are making the strategic part of the game look a lot like CKII.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

ive been very meh about this release until i saw that video - looks great, loving all the new stuff

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2014, 03:00:55 PM
I live to serve. Have you seen the developers' YouTube video on politics, diplomacy, etc? It's here in case you haven't:

It's looking really nice...and the strategy map finally gives all the information i want/need.

Gusington

Yeah...looks like they have been taking UI design cues from the Paradox CKII team.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I dunno.  Much of it still reminds me of the R2TW interface, but they (thankfully) improved it both mechanically and aesthetically.

The only part that resembles CK2 is the circular symbols, instead of the old flags, on the map view.

Yskonyn

Well, Nef, characters relations never mattered in TW before... In Atilla they seems to matter for the first time. That was my CK2 reference.  :)