Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on December 03, 2014, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 03, 2014, 12:13:04 AM
No because elephants can't wear snowshoes. But they can wear ice skates Great, big ice skates.

And there's just another reason why the fifth century is actually just another of the many completely invisible regions of the past -- despite the supposed wonder of Attila.  Also, something has gotten corrupted in the popular barbarian imagery department.  To tell the truth, I think barbarians have gone the way of King Arthur and Charles Martel -- they really just aren't something marketing can depend on any more.

You can see the poor marketing "creative" looking sadly at all their barbarian verbiage and noting that it just doesn't ring any bells any more.  "I can scream barbarian all day long and nobody gives a shit."

Even Elephants and Hannibal -- can't use 'em, no Hannibal or Sparta or Ceasar or Roman Legions or Spartans or Tiger Tanks.  We're talking nothing but this Attila thing.

And what's he?

He's a Hun.  That's like the SS in smelly rags.  Little Asian SS men on small furry horses.

Jeez, the uniforms....no uniforms?

Saddles?

Like Cowboys?

No!  Not like Cowboys!  Nobody buys Cowboys anymore!  Where have you been?

Calm down.  So what about this Attila.

He's a scourge.

Like Tiny Tim?

That's Scrooge.

That's Good!  what about the zombie Christmas angle?

I like that.

He gets dressed up.  he has scores to settle.

With the Western Roman Empire.

Right.  Some kind of oppressive empire.

Right.  And he doesn't wear a mask -- he's just "Attila" -- just like that.

Wow!  the image or the non-image.

That's what we're selling.  You look at it and there's just nothing there.

Perfect!

Do you write reviews for RPS perchance?

:P

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 03, 2014, 10:24:42 AM

Do you write reviews for RPS perchance?

:P

No, but I mostly enjoy their heavy-handed comedy.  I admit it.

Gusington

Hahaha not Scrooge, scourge!! Scourge dammit!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: MengJiao on December 03, 2014, 09:46:07 AM

That's what we're selling.  You look at it and there's just nothing there.

FEAR THE HUN YOU CANNOT SEE!  O0

Attila, like Batman but with armies. Of batmen.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Another one of those "Rally Point" episodes got posted today. 

It featured -- among other things (things that *really* excite me >:D ) -- a great, if all-too-brief, look at Constantinople and the Eastern Roman Empire in Attila (I already posted it in the Rome II thread, but it's worth posting here as well): 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I've got to watch that on a proper monitor when I can. Congrats on finally getting your Greek on Martok!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 04, 2014, 07:48:04 PM
I've got to watch that on a proper monitor when I can. Congrats on finally getting your Greek on Martok!

Odd that they have the Hagia Sophia (built after 500 AD) on hand in 395.  But I guess the Spartans made the Athenians build it or something.

Also odd that they imagine the Spartans going after Persia after the Peloponesian War(s) when they were being paid by the Persians to keep the Athenians busy.

Sir Slash

Attila's on sale at Get Games for 20% off pre-order. Anybody know about how reliable this site is? The Wraith of Sparta DLC is also on sale 15% off.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I used them once or twice without issue. Are the any other Rome 2 DLCs on sale?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2014, 10:02:16 AM
Attila's on sale at Get Games for 20% off pre-order. Anybody know about how reliable this site is? The Wraith of Sparta DLC is also on sale 15% off.

They're just fine.  I've been getting my Total War base games there because they usually offer a sizable discount before release.

Sir Slash

Other than NTW, no nothing else TW on sale. But there are lots of other stuff on sale. Thanks for the info guys. I might wait a little longer before pulling the trigger, just to say I held-out a while.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd