Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Don't hate. And don't lie.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I like the unit pictures waaaaay more then the ones in RTW2.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

I'll second that one Star. With the voice in my head adding a third.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2015, 03:55:03 PM
Video preview over at...  http://twcenter.net/  Don't tell them it's Barbarian Invasion 2 or else they'll screw it up to try to make it different.
Hmm.  Darren says the battles in Attila seem to be more quicker-paced than in Rome II; if so, that's definitely not a point in its favor.  I'm also with him in that I prefer the flags over the floating icons. 

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 05, 2015, 07:23:28 PM

I like the unit pictures waaaaay more then the ones in RTW2.
I think I'm the only one who likes the unit cards in Rome II.  There's something about that art style that just appeals to me. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 05, 2015, 03:48:21 PM
The game starts in 395 so...OMG THE CATHOLIC MEROVINGIANS ARE COMING

Not until 495 and I think the game ends in 465.  I'm not sure why it would end then, but you get your 70 years or 280 turns and that's the end of the world.

Martok

Quote from: MengJiao on January 06, 2015, 09:49:20 AM
  Not until 495 and I think the game ends in 465.  I'm not sure why it would end then
Without googling it, I want to say that's around the time the last emperor of the Western Empire abdicated his throne.  (Even if I'm right, that seems like a pretty silly/lame reason to end the game in that year.) 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

70 years/280 turns seems awfully short...like me

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Yeah, anything less than 300 turns is usually a deal-breaker for me (and 400-500 turns is preferable), especially for a game's main campaign. 

MengJiao

Quote from: Martok on January 06, 2015, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 06, 2015, 09:49:20 AM
  Not until 495 and I think the game ends in 465.  I'm not sure why it would end then
Without googling it, I want to say that's around the time the last emperor of the Western Empire abdicated his throne.  (Even if I'm right, that seems like a pretty silly/lame reason to end the game in that year.)

I think 478 or so is the traditional date of the end of the Western Empire as a political entity, but the real crisis could be seen as happening much sooner -- maybe 455 when the Vandals sacked Rome?

Anyway -- maybe the point underlying the 70 years is that in game terms that is the critical period during which the Western Empire could have adapted to whatever one wants to take as the major changes in that time frame (the onset of colder weather?  better horse tack?  Smarter barbarians? incipient Catholic Merovingians? Prudentius? Allegory? the Ambrosian Plain chant? Sangiban?)

Sir Slash

I bet there will be mods extending the game to the Kennedy administration.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

With a Chappaquiddick dlc?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2015, 03:39:16 PM
With a Chappaquiddick dlc?

Well, hmmm...Cassidorus seems to have gotten fed up (in retrospect) with the mess in 465, which would make Chappaquiddick look a lot like Camelot in comparison.

Of course if "King Arthur" was an Alan working for the mysterious Riothamus (Brittainic Great King?), then somebody (Arthyious the Alan with his Dragon Banner and Sarmation/Alan sword-stuck-in-the-ground religion) would have been at home in Camelot -- where ever that might have been.

So maybe that's why things stop in 465.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libius_Severus

Gusington

I'll preorder whatever it is you described above if it will include elephants and camels and Ted Kennedy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I often don't know what Ming's saying but, damn I like the way he says it.

Gusington

You should see him sober!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd