Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

I don't know...280 turns is a lot, no?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

In most past TW games I felt like I was just getting started after about 100 turn, IIRC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

typically the 100 turn point is where you can bust out and do some serious expansion when you not starting off surrounded.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

The way I play, 100 turns is an Endurance Record. The highlight of my Barbarian Invasion history is guiding the Eastern Romans to victory while building a mini Maginot Line to keep the Huns out of Constantinople. I hope Attila is as tough now as he was back at the start of the century.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

100 - 120 was usually the end game with Shogun2.  the geography just doesn't allow longer games.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: mikeck on January 06, 2015, 10:22:54 PM
I don't know...280 turns is a lot, no?

It might work okay.  Maybe a lot happens pretty fast in this version of TW.

Gusington

I could dig that...maybe it would be refreshing to complete a campaign in a few weeks instead of a month.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2015, 03:55:03 PM
Video preview over at...  http://twcenter.net/  Don't tell them it's Barbarian Invasion 2 or else they'll screw it up to try to make it different.

In the victory conditions in the above version 446 is the year you have to survive to in order to win.  So that's only 51 years or 204 turns.
So what's so special about 446 AD?

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 08, 2015, 11:02:56 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2015, 03:55:03 PM
Video preview over at...  http://twcenter.net/  Don't tell them it's Barbarian Invasion 2 or else they'll screw it up to try to make it different.

In the victory conditions in the above version 446 is the year you have to survive to in order to win.  So that's only 51 years or 204 turns.
So what's so special about 446 AD?

The revolt of the Bacudae?  (about 446?): 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavius_Aetius

Gusington

Total War: Warhammer has been confirmed on TWC and RPS. There is apparently an art book being released soon and in an interview about that Mike Sampson of CA confirms it. On my phone so I can't link, sorry.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 08:02:27 AM
Total War: Warhammer has been confirmed on TWC and RPS. There is apparently an art book being released soon and in an interview about that Mike Sampson of CA confirms it. On my phone so I can't link, sorry.

SOLD!!!

all of money at the screen at once

MengJiao

Finally!  I can save some money and not buy something!

FlickJax

I wants it!!!!

undercovergeek

Quote from: MengJiao on January 14, 2015, 09:27:43 AM

heretic

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 14, 2015, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 14, 2015, 09:27:43 AM

heretic

I've been hoping desperately for years for TW: Warhammer to come out so that I could finally stop buying TW games.

Here's what I hope will be a brief excursion into pure negativity: the only association I have with anything along the lines of warhammer games is that in the last days of my going to game stores, there were always 3-4 persons hanging around the cash register talking about the modifiers on every last blow of every last weapon in every last encounter in every last game of warhammer they had played ever. 

So warhammer marks at least two stopping points for me: going to game stores and buying TW.