Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

Quote from: MengJiao on January 14, 2015, 10:22:57 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on January 14, 2015, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 14, 2015, 09:27:43 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2015, 08:02:27 AM
Total War: Warhammer has been confirmed on TWC and RPS. There is apparently an art book being released soon and in an interview about that Mike Sampson of CA confirms it. On my phone so I can't link, sorry.

Finally!  I can save some money and not buy something!

Burn him

heretic

I've been hoping desperately for years for TW: Warhammer to come out so that I could finally stop buying TW games.

Here's what I hope will be a brief excursion into pure negativity: the only association I have with anything along the lines of warhammer games is that in the last days of my going to game stores, there were always 3-4 persons hanging around the cash register talking about the modifiers on every last blow of every last weapon in every last encounter in every last game of warhammer they had played ever. 

So warhammer marks at least two stopping points for me: going to game stores and buying TW.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on January 14, 2015, 10:22:57 AM

I've been hoping desperately for years for TW: Warhammer to come out so that I could finally stop buying TW games.

Here's what I hope will be a brief excursion into pure negativity: the only association I have with anything along the lines of warhammer games is that in the last days of my going to game stores, there were always 3-4 persons hanging around the cash register talking about the modifiers on every last blow of every last weapon in every last encounter in every last game of warhammer they had played ever. 

So warhammer marks at least two stopping points for me: going to game stores and buying TW.
~>

The Enemy Within!™ ©®

sandman2575

+1  --  couldn't care less about Warhammer. Disappointed CA is not moving on to a revamped Medieval Total War, which I figured which be the next logical progression.   

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 14, 2015, 11:36:14 AM

+1  --  couldn't care less about Warhammer. Disappointed CA is not moving on to a revamped Medieval Total War, which I figured which be the next logical progression.

It's a nice move for CA.  I hope it makes them a bzillion bucks.  It will also get them away from the terminally disgruntled population that works everyday to hate them more and more.  I'm sure the Warhammer crowd will be just as primed to hate, but how much hate can you actually extract from a crowd that has spent years wondering whether a double-enchanted-maxtourniquet-5-battleAx should do extra cross-sphinter-damage to a plus-nine-zombie-archbishop?  There's just really not that much hate-juice left in there really.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Zero interest in Warhammer as well.  I still want a Victorian era game. 

undercovergeek

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 14, 2015, 11:36:14 AM

from what i understand, and im probably wrong, i thought this was a different part of CA doing Warhammer and the regular lot are still, you know, total-izing

sandman2575

Hope you're right.  Y'all are welcome to Total Warhammer so long as some of the blokes at CA are working on more important stuff, i.e. Total War Medieval 3, or per SDR, Total War Age of Victoria.

MengJiao

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 14, 2015, 01:51:28 PM
Hope you're right.  Y'all are welcome to Total Warhammer so long as some of the blokes at CA are working on more important stuff, i.e. Total War Medieval 3, or per SDR, Total War Age of Victoria.

It seems that the core development group is still set to work on non-Warhammer things.  (see for example far along in the things cited in:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/14/its-time-total-war-warhammer-confirmed/#more-262407)

And after all, how many programmers does it take to turn out 30 different +3 versions of 30 different gnarly weapons?  Not many.  Its an endless money pit once you start churning out such stuff -- as GW discovered when it started making the warhammer figurines.

JasonPratt

uh, I didn't see things cited in that article...

While I would personally prefer Three Kingdoms Total War, I'm up for Total Warhammer.

Consider this, meanwhile:

40K Tyranids = xenomorphs from Alien

xenomorphs from Alien,  recently done right (at last) by Creative Assembly

Creative Assembly, probably fixing to do right by Warhammer

Warhammer in space == 40K

:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

But it's not WH40k.   ???

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 14, 2015, 02:30:55 PM
uh, I didn't see things cited in that article...

While I would personally prefer Three Kingdoms Total War, I'm up for Total Warhammer.

Consider this, meanwhile:

40K Tyranids = xenomorphs from Alien

xenomorphs from Alien,  recently done right (at last) by Creative Assembly

Creative Assembly, probably fixing to do right by Warhammer

Warhammer in space == 40K

:D

From the total war creative director (mike something?):

We have five teams. The original core team is working on the main game, Attila at the moment, and it's still the same size as it was, or just slightly larger than on the previous project. So it's not like we're diluting the main team in order to do more projects. The main team will always be focused on single-player historical strategy games. All of these offshoots, though, we'll try different things. Some will work well, some not so well, and we'll just keep going.

undercovergeek

while im all pointy for medieval 3, im looking forward to warhammer total hammer war:hammer very much

bring on the dwarves

Gusington

I'm right here, let's go.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'll play anything Total War even if it's rainbows and unicorns.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I think Warhammer is a perfect universe for it. I like this plan.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd