Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Don't type that too loud.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2015, 03:51:14 PM
The Vandals are going to be playable immediately upon release, correct? I don't think I have seen the Alans mentioned at all. And at 40 I am done with nerdrage. I just can't marshal the resources for it anymore.

Rage!  Rage!  against the dying of the light of the knowledge of how bad Rome II was at release.  All truths spring from that cataclysmic moment of primordial ire.

Vandals: yes.  And the Alans are there too.  Franks and Alans I say.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 20, 2015, 04:10:35 PM
I have socks in my drawer older than 40, clean ones, but at my age I just can't find them. But they're there and I can't also get real excited about gaming inaccuracies as long as the damn thing plays and doesn't eat my hard drive, then I'm usually happy. But it does make you wonder sometimes if even I can find something not right, who's advising these guys? Perhaps a government conspiracy to alter history? :o

If I may introduce the correctly enraged tone: You're giving CA a lot of credit if you think any government worthy of having some history altered would ever even consider befouling itself by concerning itself with anything that has anything to to with the release of Rome II.  Remember how bad that was and always remember only we the enraged could stop it.  Because we did stop it.  There is no Rome II: there is only foulness and iniquity of the most vile kind.

Gusington

Meng has finally gone off the deep end. Alans really are playable? I don't know if I believe you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2015, 09:43:34 PM
Meng has finally gone off the deep end. Alans really are playable? I don't know if I believe you.

"As the Alani ride into battle, bloody scalps displayed proudly on their saddles, few can dispute their reputation for unsurpassed ferocity."

The only god they worship is a sword planted in the earth, and they favour a life of relentless conquest.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 20, 2015, 09:43:34 PM

Yes!  there are Alans!  Not even CA (hoarders of infinite iniquity though they may yet be -- i cannot conceal my rage!) would have Huns without Alans.  they are in the playable faction list and have a playable-faction-sized "medallion" on the campaign map.

Sir Slash

My rage at CA extends only as far as they make games I can't stop playing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 21, 2015, 12:21:09 AM

I'm spending too much time in the TWC forums reading stuff like:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677451-Lots-of-Negativity-around-Total-War-Attila/page2

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on January 21, 2015, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 21, 2015, 12:21:09 AM

I'm spending too much time in the TWC forums reading stuff like:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?677451-Lots-of-Negativity-around-Total-War-Attila/page2

The world would be a really great place if it wasn't populated by so many idiots.

I'm just going to get the game, enjoy it, as I've enjoyed every TW title since the first Shogun, and avoid those deep dark forum places like the plague.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 21, 2015, 10:48:05 AM
I'm just going to get the game, enjoy it, as I've enjoyed every TW title since the first Shogun, and avoid those deep dark forum places like the plague.

You should build a bunker.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

My time over at TWC has dropped to almost nil. I still check the home page once a week for interesting info on mods but I never peruse the forums anymore. A hive of scum and unreasonable negativity they become.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 21, 2015, 11:00:34 AM
My time over at TWC has dropped to almost nil. I still check the home page once a week for interesting info on mods but I never peruse the forums anymore. A hive of scum and unreasonable negativity they become.

I quit posting there about a year ago.  I've been going back to see what's up with Attila and I have been trying to find something at least mildly amusing about the "rage"...but other than the bare notion of "rage"...nothing all that funny has come along.

The precise formulation of rage as diagnostic knowledge that must be faithfully reiterated only to the faithful and not to infidels who don't show proper signs of rage (who must be "sheep" and a million other terms of abuse) seemed to be almost funny yesterday....but not so much today.

Gusington

Yes...you and i are on the same rage page.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on January 21, 2015, 11:23:57 AM

With less rage, here are the historical battles to be included in Attila, and some other stuff and a run-through of the big Hun-stopper battle in 451:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMNH9ry4V-0&feature=youtu.be

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 22, 2015, 05:48:43 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 21, 2015, 11:23:57 AM

With less rage, here are the historical battles to be included in Attila, and some other stuff and a run-through of the big Hun-stopper battle in 451:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMNH9ry4V-0&feature=youtu.be

And here's almost an hour of Scandinavian skulldrudgery:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?678753-Let-s-Play-Viking-Forefathers