Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Isn't it the 17th somewhere?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I thought it was a given to wait on a Total War game for at least 6 months.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Toonces

^ Exactly.  All we're seeing in this thread is who the suckas are.   >:D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

we know who will be loitering with intent.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 12, 2015, 10:49:31 PM
I thought it was a given to wait on a Total War game for at least 6 months.

Ideally.

But this one falls into the 'Sequel' category, since it's pretty much Rome 2 with new units & factions.  I would be extremely surprised if it had anywhere near the same amount of issues that Rome 2 did on release, since those were worked out.

Either way, I'm diving on the grenade.  You know I'll surely complain if there are some annoying bugs.  ;)

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Six months? At my age I'm not sure I'll have 6 months to wait on this one. I plan on having pillaged half of Europe by then. I think this game will be good to go at launch. And I can't wait to see what the modders do with it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

On Metacritic there are a few reviews that state what Nefaro says above - because it's a sequel the tech issues that plagued the launch of Rome II are not there. Plus I got Attila for 25% off.

That's not to say there may not be a whole NEW slew of tech issues :)

But I've preloaded and am ready for Tuesday.

Suckas.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on February 16, 2015, 06:39:27 AM
http://deals.simplygames.com/p/total-war-attila--includes-viking-forefathers-culture-pack-dlc-pc?ref=email_campaign

Pretty darn good deal...although I have never heard of the place or ordered there before...too late for me, already pre ordered from GMG and preloaded.

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

tgb

So is it safe to say that Attila is to Rome 2 as Napoleon was to Empire?

Jarhead0331

I don't preload anymore. I find that even after preload, I still wait 45 minutes for it to "unlock". I'll just download and install when released.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on February 16, 2015, 09:39:15 PM
So is it safe to say that Attila is to Rome 2 as Napoleon was to Empire?

Yes.  In my estimation.

Gusington

Will be firing it up tonight, think I will play as the Huns first.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd