Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 19, 2015, 11:13:03 AM
I can handle either ugly or flaccid but not both.

Hey, "flabby-eared" isn't so bad.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

'Rather dashing' is better.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Is Flac-cid better or worse than Flatu-lent? My start-up also tells me my drivers are out of date, which they aren't. And that Gus is ugly. Such a belligerent game. Must be the "Hun" influence. :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Flatulent is fun. Flaccid isn't fun for anyone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

....and flaccid flatulence is just plain messy.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

^I don't think that exists.

Bawb please tell me you are going to purchase Attila Total War. If ever there lived a bloke ripe for Hun-slaying, 'tis you.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

I regret to say that I doubt I will. I do have Rome II but rarely play it - I just don't have a great interest in that period. I prefer Fall of the Samurai , its my favourite TW game by far. Now if they would just do one on the TYW/ECW..........

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 19, 2015, 12:07:39 PM
^I don't think that exists.

There's no such thing. It's a phallusy.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

But Bawb...aren't you the [in]famous Hunslayer of the North?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on February 19, 2015, 12:28:33 PM
But Bawb...aren't you the [in]famous Hunslayer of the North?

Only at weekends, if Mrs B lets me borrow the, erm, leather stuff........

'Clip those corners'

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 19, 2015, 10:19:51 AM
My launcher kept telling me my video drivers needed updating when they didn't. And that I was ugly.

My issue was on the other end of game launching.  Sometimes the TW:A process just refuses to shut down when I exit the game.  It then refuses to start back up and will not let me exit & restart Steam either. 

Basically the Steam client just freezes up and won't let me do anything in it.

I have to reboot my damn computer to reset it.   :knuppel2:

Also be wary of using a faction which begins the campaign at war with the Huns.  There have been many reports that starting as the Ostrogoth horde (at war with Huns) means that the Hunnic hordes will chase & attack you to the ends of the earth, ignoring every other ripe city and faction along the way.  Terminator Huns.  **Insert Terminator background music here**

Gusington

Over at that hive of scum and villainy [TWCenter] a user has posted an odd method of improving Attila's performance:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?680877-Attila-Performance-Improvement-Guide

Basically, use your Rome II icon to start the game launcher, and then select Attila. I haven't tried it yet myself. But I will.

EDIT: The one catch appears to be that Steam thinks you are playing Rome II. I don't know how much that matters to you. Also, CA has said they are updating the launcher. Not sure if it's related.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Here ya go, Gus.

My governor is such a filthy hooker..

Gusington

^A filthy pirate hooker? Opposite of flaccid!

I actually remember that one from Rome 2.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

enough of you double entendres and card twaddle - is it any frikking good?