Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

The new character actions from the ones in your family tree are easy to understand.  As with Rome 2, Influence points are spent on using them.  Each character gains influence when winning battles or governing a province.  Your faction's total Influence, compared to the random dudes on the left, is reflected in the bar on the top left of that screen.  I'm not sure if there are penalties for having less than 50% of the total available Influence for your faction (from the characters actually in your family tree), I've kept mine higher thus far.

I've mostly just been using the Inspire Loyalty and Gain Control character actions, with an occasional Embezzle Funds if my family ends up with extra Influence to burn.  Thankfully CA took out the large cost in state funds to take such actions, which was a fault with Rome 2's faction politics system.  Anyway, don't let your generals' and governors' loyalty get low or they will rebel.  So use that Loyalty command from one of your family characters on one whose loyalty has dropped from 10.

There is another point pool you'll expend when your character actions get a bad result, Control, shown as the yellow & red gauge on the top right.  I suspect character loyalty will start going down faster if this gets low so use character actions to keep it up over 50%.  I try to keep Control at a 57% minimum and preferably well over 60% because you can choose some character action results that expend this instead of other stuff.  Usually needing to expend around 4-6% Control each.  Most notably it's the Get Out Of Jail Free card for some bad events.

I haven't needed to use Assassinate or most of the other actions because I've kept all my subordinates loyal.  When non-family characters have a chunk of Influence, I give them a titled position (the slots on the right) which sometimes burns off a chunk of their extra Influence and adds a small bonus to a specific income or other such stuff depending on the title.

Gusington

New dlc announced for 2/26, The Longbeards, featuring the Burgundians, Alemans and Longobards, on sale at Steam for 7.19 (pre-order).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I saw that too. The Aleman Bejeweled Nobles units sounds a little..... you know. Anti-Manly is what I meant.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Longobards and Burgundians would be nice.  I just hope they didn't copy & paste the Germanic unit list over and add one or two new units but I suspect that will be the case.

Rather questionable timing.  I doubt they created this DLC in the past week, even if there are only a couple new units.   ???

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 23, 2015, 02:59:41 PM
I saw that too. The Aleman Bejeweled Nobles units sounds a little..... you know. Anti-Manly is what I meant.

IIRC, the Burgundian warriors died their hair red because they thought it intimidated others.  Yes, you heard that right.  They wanted to be gingers.

Gusington

On Steam it reads that between the three new factions there are 23 new units, plus a lot of other additional features including a new story arc (sounds similar to Attila for the Huns).

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2015, 03:16:10 PM
On Steam it reads that between the three new factions there are 23 new units, plus a lot of other additional features including a new story arc (sounds similar to Attila for the Huns).

Hrmm.. 23?  That's a lot.  Would be happy with that.  Re-skins?

At the same time, it just shows that they withheld a lot of content from the release last week.  Pretty much release day DLC.  :knuppel2:   

Gusington

^Definitely. But the quality looks more gooder than the Viking Forefathers pack.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on February 23, 2015, 03:20:23 PM

At the same time, it just shows that they withheld a lot of content from the release last week.  Pretty much release day DLC.  :knuppel2:

Agreed  >:(

:knuppel2:
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

Three tries, three very quick defeats as the Huns. I just can't get anything going playing as this faction, which kinda sucks because I was looking forward to burning all of Europe down. Now what? Try one more time or just move on to a more traditional faction? Getting beat three times in six days is depressing. Especially coming of my last R2TW campaign where I snatched victory from defeat as Armenia :(

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Asid

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2015, 09:41:46 PM
I was looking forward to burning all of Europe down. Now what?

;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Sir Slash

So far the Franks aren't too tough to play. They seem to be able to get along with the other barbarians tribes well enough as well as the Romans until you're ready to strike either way. And if things get too tough, pull up stakes and become a horde.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I've started as the Huns...for the fourth and final time. This go around I will set up camp in the winter, campaign in the summer and pay extra special attention to attrition while trying to bash everyone around me in the head. And I will keep all three of my starting hordes together. If this strategery doesn't work, nothing will :) and I will move on.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2015, 11:09:55 PM
I've started as the Huns...for the fourth and final time. This go around I will set up camp in the winter, campaign in the summer and pay extra special attention to attrition while trying to bash everyone around me in the head. And I will keep all three of my starting hordes together. If this strategery doesn't work, nothing will :) and I will move on.

You're really dead set on playing the Huns, aren't you?   ???

Sir Slash

The new DLC is out now and a big update due Thursday. Lots of changes including to performance improvement :D and no torches. So you can't burn down city gates anymore, you have to hack through them if you don't have siege weapons. With axes. And swords. ??? Details are at,   http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Update  Opinions?

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2015, 11:49:09 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 23, 2015, 11:09:55 PM

You're really dead set on playing the Huns, aren't you?   ???

some form of Jewish guilt I suspect.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.