Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I'll pick up the DLC after a patch or two, and checking out the Imperium fixing mods.  Despite all my bitching about the Research-to-Diplo penalty nuttery, the rest of the game is in relatively good condition and the AI seems to be improved.

WT has it's hooks in me at the moment, though, so no hurry.

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on February 26, 2015, 05:50:01 PM
WT has it's hooks in me at the moment, though, so no hurry.

Ditto.  That and the fact that I'm broke and won't be buying any new games soon will keep me away from Attila for a while.   :'(
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2015, 08:56:49 AM
I got the new DLC. Tonight I start a new campaign either as the Geats (Viking DLC) or the Longbeards (new DLC). I don't want to mod Attila yet but if the diplomacy numbers prove to ridiculous I may use the Radious mod to calm them.

Wasn't the DLC/update delayed until next week?

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/149986-Longbeards-Culture-Pack-next-week-and-a-chance-to-win-Will-s-Helm?s=a7f1eaf28544cd91515b79dca37e2c03

Gusington

^Yep.

So I started a campaign as the Geats. Much more my speed with city building, army improvements and some Caledonian ass kicking. The Burgundians want some too.

I even saw the AI try to flank me on the battle map, with cavalry.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Kind of shitty of CA to wait until the day of the update before delaying it. And no other notice of it anywhere. If I wanted to be bitch-slapped I would've just told my wife she's getting fat.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 26, 2015, 11:41:16 PM
Kind of shitty of CA to wait until the day of the update before delaying it. And no other notice of it anywhere. If I wanted to be bitch-slapped I would've just told my wife she's getting fat.

I'd rather they finish and test it properly.  You know that if CA has to officially delay something, then it must've been in questionable shape. 

Sir Slash

They must be waiting on the Longbeards to grow-out a little more. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Gus and Mirth playing TW.

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

I'm not fluent in German.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

It may just be me but I haven't seen anything yet that's pulling my credit card

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 28, 2015, 08:35:55 AM
I'm not fluent in German.

The color contrast is difficult for me to make out but it looks like it says:

"They should be fighting and not dancing."
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sir Slash

That's some of the new units-- Berserker Dancers. Or maybe Skipping Scythians.  ;D

Gusington

Turkey trotters with kung-fu grip.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on February 28, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
Turkey trotters with kung-fu grip.

.. playing Hide The Sausage.

Swatter

I have put about 15 hours into Attila and give it two thumbs up!

I skipped out on Rome 2 due to reviews (mostly from here), but I am glad they pulled it together for this one. I really enjoy the character and family options, it has a lot of flexibility. I like how diplomacy works, where your actions can have immediate or more long term effects. I also like the migrating factions (the horde mechanic), it really brings some innovation to a tired campaign system.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. Not one single bug (noticed) in 15 hours. This is probably one of the best 1.0 builds I have ever played. Anyone have any info on the stability of campaign multiplayer?