Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Are you kidding?  These people don't play MP?!?!?!!  Games are to be played by yourSELF!!!

(Just teasing fellas)  :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

I have read a couple of complaints on some stability issues in MP over at TWC but we all know how much that may be worth.

I agree that Attila is almost as stable as Shogun 2 was at release...must be the same team that is responsible, eh?

I do have to admit that Attlia is difficult for me...or I just get worse as I age. I was rocking Rome 2 with the Armenia campaign on Hard difficulty. Here I was smacked around four times as the Huns (also on Hard difficulty) and now with the Geats on Normal I am still getting a run for my money. The AI, both campaign and tactical, is a sneaky SOB. Pretty competent, and it will take advantage of your mistakes right away...and even lure you into traps.

Two weeks in and also about 15 hours invested and I am impressed :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

I am ready to concede my first game as the ERE, the Sassinids just kicked my butt. It was a slaughter. At first I fortified a single legion stack, which smashed two full stacks right away. At that point I got a little cocky and massed three full legions, marching  towards their territory. Then my three stacks hit four of their stacks and a massive battle ensued. I allow large battles and things got out of hand quickly. Their heavy cavalry just dominated the field, coupled with some teething troubles as I learn how to control huge forces, it was my Cannae. I am forming new armies and sending the rest of my forces in, but I think my goose is cooked.

I wish the game would allow you to concede the war and make peace on favorable terms for themselves, instead of just endless slaughter.

Sir Slash

You're scaring me away from ERE Swatter.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

The Longbeards are here. Along with the update.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

So after the update I am now getting that annoying steam bug where would you like to play the game it starts updating something and at 95% it says "Steen is too busy to handle your request"

I have seen this before but every steam support forum has the standard disable your firewall crap. I tried verifying the cachet it didn't work I tried setting the game to run as administrator it didn't work now I am reinstalling. I know others at this issue what was your solution

My other steam games load fine with the exception of any total wargame Empire, shogun, Rome and Attila so it has to be something with the total war launcher
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Oddly enough, when i went into the steam total war launcher options (where you can verify cache) I unchecked "synchronize with steam cloud" and it loaded. Still waiting for Attila to download again. All other steam games work fine. Must every Total war patch screw something up for me?

Edit: alright, since the usually cycle of reinstalling, restarting steam, running as admin, etc didnt work, I started Rome 2 and from that menu, I selected Attilla instead (when you start in TW game, te launcher lists the others installed above). That worked but good lord
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Swatter

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 04, 2015, 02:44:43 PM
You're scaring me away from ERE Swatter.  :'(

I conceded defeat on that one, mainly because I heard they don't make peace easily. Don't be too put off by my experience, because I was still learning everything. I didn't have higher tier cavalry 10 years in and it crippled me against the Sassanids.

Sir Slash

Hot Damn! The new update has got my old Jurassic-computer playing this game smooth as a baby's butt. A clean baby's butt. Now I can start a proper Attila campaign. Maybe I'll play as the Huns to see what all the whining is about. And because I like horses and heads on stakes which you almost can't find anywhere now days--- except Amazon.  ::)

Gusington

Yeah my game optimized pretty well also...smoother in all aspects.

As the Geats I have landed in northern Germany and took a couple of settlements. The Rugians, Varanians and Burgundians are all being byotches, raiding the cities I have taken multiple times. I had enough, loaded up a full stack and took the Rugians tricked out capital. In response, two of my cities were razed! Ouch. Now while it did hurt to watch that happen, it was kind if cool too.

All that said, I am still trying to wrap my brain around the new system, where surviving and looting settlements is more important than actually building/maintaining an empire.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Playing the Huns is tough sure enough. I thought I was doing well but wasn't paying attention to the food situation and now I'm in the hole and my units are deserting. Strategy Adjustment underway.  >:(

Gusington

Wait until you start getting smacked around.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My wife tells me I handle it well. ^-^

Gusington

She's nothing compared to the northern hordes.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

She should borrow Mrs. Bawb's frying pan.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.