Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I am skeptical because I tried repeatedly to like RTW2 and could not really get into it.  I have seen several reviews of the game and reading comments make me feel a little better and GMG has it on their VIP page for around $30.... but still trying to decide as looking through the peephole she looks great, but opening the door I hope one does not come to realize it is not tore up from the floor up!

PE

Gusington

Do you like the time period?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on March 12, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
Do you like the time period?

The Roman period?  Differently..... one of my favorite topics.  Attila I can dig it, maybe not as much as Rome but interesting time period.

PE

Gusington

I don't think you would be disappointed here then. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface after 30+ hours, and I'll definitely be back in a week or two after I get my sci fi fix. Taking a break for some Starships and some Homeworld.

Attila is tough too. I need some confidence building in another game to feel whole again :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

I would say if you really like the Total War games and haven't overdosed  on Total War games lately, it would be a good match. I have put in 60+ hours in the last two weeks. I haven't put time like that into a game in a long time.

Sir Slash

I feel like I'm still learning the game too especially the Faction Management and Political Intrigues. This TW is less about building a great empire and more about tearing them down. And then building something in it's place. It plays very different from other TW's and even from the Barbarian Invasion add-on for RTW. Some of the factions are brutally hard to play. Some are pretty easy. I'm not in love but, I will let this one bring it's toothbrush over and put it my bathroom and maybe borrow the car keys.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

^I'm excited about the buzz you're all sharing about your experience with the game but Sir Slash I really love your assessment. 

I'm saving my pennies for this one!  (Plus I want the new Homeworld)  8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I agree with Slash that this is probably the most difficult TW game to date ( pun intended) because it behaves differently than every other TW game. It's taking me time to wrap my head around that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I am clearly still learning this game as well.  >:( It is definitely the toughest TW evah. Just lost my Geats campaign. In the final turns I had no less than 4 different faction armies besieging my capital and last city.

I enjoy the game, I just want to get [much] better at it. It is taking me a long time to adapt to the new mechanics. Time to cleanse the palette with SM: Starships and Homeworld. Hopefully I will be better at those two games!

That said this Geats campaign was far more epic than my attempts playing the Huns. Next I think will be the Langobards, after a couple weeks' hiatus.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

Man, Gus, you can't seem to get the hang of it.

Gusington

^I forgot to mention that after I lost the final siege, the besiegers razed my capital :/

Has anyone here won? Over at TWC there is a dedicated thread to wins - with 7 posts as of today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Teetering on the brink, FACING THE ABYSS

game in basket..... finger poised

PE

mikeck

Quote from: PanzersEast on March 15, 2015, 03:26:19 PM
Teetering on the brink, FACING THE ABYSS

game in basket..... finger poised

PE

Do it, jute/geat longships vs Byzantines with greek Fire....whaaaaaat?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Swatter

Playing as the East Romans I finally stomped the Sassanids into dust. Its 425 and I have a core of highly experienced legions just waiting to turn their attention to barbarian dominated Western Europe. I haven't won yet, but I am on the way.

Gusington

Ok so until someone here actually wins a campaign, I won't feel so bad getting continually slaughtered.

Shogun 2 was the only TW I had not beaten until Attila came out.

PE did you get it yet?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd