Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2015, 05:30:56 PM
Ok so until someone here actually wins a campaign, I won't feel so bad getting continually slaughtered.

Shogun 2 was the only TW I had not beaten until Attila came out.

PE did you get it yet?

Got it, still waiting on it to download..... the gauntlet has been thrown!  Anyway, I will pick up HomeWorld on a sale and thought this may be a bigger challenger even though in the end I hated RTW2 and have been jaded from purchasing another TW game.

PE

Gusington

^Have you played the Emperor's Edition of Rome 2? It's very, very good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PanzersEast

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2015, 06:09:23 PM
^Have you played the Emperor's Edition of Rome 2? It's very, very good.

Honestly I have not, although I have it.  I gave up on the series and went back to Shogun and then just dropped all together.  So EE is a vast improvement on RTW2?  But it is not better than Attila, correct?

PE

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2015, 05:30:56 PM
Ok so until someone here actually wins a campaign, I won't feel so bad getting continually slaughtered.

Shogun 2 was the only TW I had not beaten until Attila came out.

PE did you get it yet?

Think I'm only missing one province, the three region area around Belgium/Belgica & NE France, for my specific territory conquest goals as the Saxons.  Shouldn't be a big obstacle since the Western Romans left all but southernmost France awhile back.  I think the re-emerged Gaul faction has it's two regions there and some other pushover.

Once I finish capturing Ireland and let the British Isles settle down, with help from steady religious conversion, I'll turn to those final ones.   After that it should be cheese, depending on time. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole known world declares war on me before the end, with the ridiculous relations penalties that increase with your research.  I've not been playing Attila much lately, in the hopes that either a patch or a mod will address this without making it too easy for the horde factions at the same time.

Swatter

There is a mod for relations already out. I also have a mod to double the unit size, though I haven't used that one yet.

Gusington

How is the relations one?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on March 12, 2015, 04:23:27 PMI need some confidence building in another game to feel whole again :)

<--- scratches Gus of his Homeworld player list.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

yeah, that...

but I could train you in it.  make you into the sword you were ment to be.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Swatter on March 15, 2015, 07:13:17 PM
There is a mod for relations already out. I also have a mod to double the unit size, though I haven't used that one yet.

Yes, but the relations one is just a lowering of the Imperium relations penalty across the board IIRC. 

This is better than nothing, but also likely means that horde factions won't have much in the way of relations penalties compared to the regular land-owning factions.  I guess that's how it currently is, anyway, but I'm just concerned that far fewer factions will take any issue with hordes after the penalties are lowered across the board. 

It's just a terrible corner-cutting by CA to accommodate the new Horde mechanic without actually creating new code to address the disparity between the two faction types' Imperium rating (and it's diplo penalties).

PanzersEast

Early in, so far so good.  Will start my full Campaign in earnest tonight possibly as the Saxons......

PE

Gusington

Nice. Get ready to get ready, and post impressions!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 16, 2015, 08:18:31 AM
Nice. Get ready to get ready, and post impressions!

I've been playing Attila, but in TW fanboi mode.  Some impressions: the average "Germanic barbarian" seems to be bigger than the average steppe person.
  For some reason (might be the new computer) the world looks larger.
  Persians are very dangerous.
  Once a faction gets on a boat, they can hang around for a long time.
  Huns are even more dangerous than Persians.
  Romans are nice.

Sir Slash

As the Franks, I got no problem getting along with all my neighbors. They all love me. Even the Jutes whom I am at war with. Grabbing Rome's cities isn't too hard either but I can't do anything with them because of the cultural and religious differences, the public order just drops and drops. Strange that you get more income from "Looting and Occupying" a city than from just "Looting" it. I Loot and Occupy and then abandon cities, which gives you even more income. ^-^ The Frank's victory conditions also don't require you to occupy cities in Gaul just territories east of the Rhine which is also kind of odd. It's MUCH easier to auto-resolve city assaults than fighting them out on the battle screen as long as you have numbers on your side. Those Arrow Towers are just murder, even in heavy fog they never miss from the next area code. Still a great game though. I want to do ERE eventually.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.