Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Quote from: MengJiao on March 20, 2015, 10:58:02 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on March 20, 2015, 10:52:55 AM
So far I am doing fairly well was the Saxons, however I think I will start over as a different faction as I think one of the Romans or the Huns would be more fun to play.... so a restart for me.  Also, I will probably reinstall Rome as well.

PE

I gave up on the Alans (the Huns live in their neighborhood) and switched to the Easy Franks.  The Saxons almost wiped me out, but then the Romans turned up and crushed the Saxons leaving me to pick up the pieces.  Thanks Rome!  Seems like a good start.

The Saxon armies were truly immense.  I think they fielded around 5000 men in the first few turns.  Frightening, but not as endless as the Huns.

I have decimated the Franks and have two regions under control.  The Romans were giving me some trouble, but overall my empire is steady and I thought I would have a harder time.  Maybe it is just me but maybe they are just not my faction... so I will reset.  Not the game itself, but we all have certain factions we like to play as and I think I will try some others with a little more clearly defined goals.

PE

Sir Slash

Damn! Now I gotta go play the Huns. He's doing better than I am.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Swatter

I think someone wanted to know when the first person "won". Well I picked up an official Minor Victory last night, but the game allows you to play on for a bigger victory so I am.

I am thinking the game needs a very important feature: You need to be able to create puppets states from provinces you already own. Further more, your puppet states should not be allowed to fight each other. In addition, each puppet state should have the warmest relations with you.

To me, that's probably the biggest missing feature for me so far.

Gusington

You get the chicken dinner, Swatter. How many regions did you own when you got the minor victory?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Damn, did we have a chicken dinner included? Congrats on the win Swatter. Evil minds at CA are plotting how to get back at you. Don't go out by yourself. :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2015, 07:42:24 AM
Thanks for posting that...I need a guide like that to help me wrap my brain around the new game dynamics.

You're welcome.  This guy has done let's play videos for To End All Wars, War in the East, Civilization Beyond Earth, and more.  He's very thorough and his voice is clear and he doesn't fill his speech with trash talkin'.   I've learned a lot from him and you will definitely get a better feel for the game dynamics watching his series. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I watch Pewpew's videos too. He is very knowledgeable about the games he plays. In the second episode his Huns assaulted a walled city and he lost a bunch of Huns. He was quite speechless for some time as his losses mounted and the enemy held-out against his forces. That's the same reaction I had as my Huns littered the ground around my first walled-city-assault. Speechless but for many Hunnic curse words shouted at the screen. And I looked like this... :(

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 20, 2015, 10:05:11 PM
I watch Pewpew's videos too. He is very knowledgeable about the games he plays. In the second episode his Huns assaulted a walled city and he lost a bunch of Huns. He was quite speechless for some time as his losses mounted and the enemy held-out against his forces. That's the same reaction I had as my Huns littered the ground around my first walled-city-assault. Speechless but for many Hunnic curse words shouted at the screen. And I looked like this... :(

Yellow is a sign of jaunidce, Slash.  In our modern times, it shouldn't be too difficult to take care of, but, them there Roman times might have a different effect.  You should probably get that looked at.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Swatter

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2015, 12:54:52 PM
You get the chicken dinner, Swatter. How many regions did you own when you got the minor victory?

Good question, for the ERE minor victory you basically need to hold what you start out with and maintain a strong army. Once the Persians are defeated, your going to earn at least a minor victory. The trick is to get a military victory now, which requires many more territories. People say the Huns are stronger than the Persians and Attila is now of age. I haven't had to tangle with them yet, so lets see if I can keep it up.

Swatter

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 20, 2015, 02:13:26 PM
Damn, did we have a chicken dinner included? Congrats on the win Swatter. Evil minds at CA are plotting how to get back at you. Don't go out by yourself. :-X

With Attila of age, I'm sure a shocker is coming. The AI (IMO) has an advantage with cavalry heavy armies because it is a good micro-manager with them, especially skirmishers. I suspect when I fight the Huns, the will hit at all my weak points as a commander. I just hate running down those mounted skirmishers.

Sir Slash

[/quote]

Yellow is a sign of jaunidce, Slash.  In our modern times, it shouldn't be too difficult to take care of, but, them there Roman times might have a different effect.  You should probably get that looked at.

It's actually a "Banana and Lemon Overdose" problem Metaldog. Along with "That damned Arrow tower just killed my General from down town Cleveland" Shock. But maybe I should see a doctor. To get the AI's boot removed from my ass. Wonder if my insurance covers that?

Gusington

See it's that minor victory possibility without much territory that I was trying for with the Geats last week. I was just going to max out my capital and watch the money roll in. But as I upgraded my city food was in very short supply and everything went downhill from there, ending in the siege of my one and only city by 4-5 different faction armies. But...I'll be back, with a longer beard.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Need more blood & gore in your Attila campaign? Well you Longbeards are in luck. For $2.99 you can own the new Blood & Burning DLC for Attila TW complete with all manner of impalings, decapitations and vomiting. Maybe even a Hun stopping to take a Hun-Hockey. Who knows, it is the Apocalypse after all. Oh, and the Celts are ready too.  8)

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 25, 2015, 08:49:21 PM
Need more blood & gore in your Attila campaign? Well you Longbeards are in luck. For $2.99 you can own the new Blood & Burning DLC for Attila TW complete with all manner of impalings, decapitations and vomiting. Maybe even a Hun stopping to take a Hun-Hockey. Who knows, it is the Apocalypse after all. Oh, and the Celts are ready too.  8)

I want the copying-of-rare-manuscripts DLC.  Particularly the Codex Argentius -- Sooooo, Gothic!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd