Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Gusington

Why anyone would want it to happen without Picts is beyond me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2015, 01:03:23 PM
Why anyone would want it to happen without Picts is beyond me.

It didn't happen.  No Picts here.  We have a lovely palimpsest of Rutilius' peaceful journey back to Gaul in 411 AD, however!

mikeck

Just noticed that a blood and gore DLC had been released at some point...of that's your kind of thing
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on March 26, 2015, 01:30:20 PM
Just noticed that a blood and gore DLC had been released at some point...of that's your kind of thing

Yes, it is.

Paying for something that should be offered as an option in the original.. not so much.

Also...saying there's "gore" is just BS.  It's just blood, which is fine.  But they should label it as such.

Gusington

^And vomit. I never buy the blood packs, I find them...icky.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Me too. I never really zoom in enough to see it anyway
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

I also think it's in kind of bad taste. I know it's 'just a game' and all but I just don't dig it. Personal preference and all that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Agreed. My own blood all over this game is enough gore for me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

So now a hard decision as my next campaign looms...Lombards or Picts?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2015, 08:11:11 PM
So now a hard decision as my next campaign looms...Lombards or Picts?

Pict whichever is the most appealing at the time.

Nefaro

I quit playing Attila once I realized the terrible band-aid change they made to the Imperium rating.  The mods out there are just workarounds which adversely affect other parts of the Diplo/Relations facet.  Can't bring myself to resume my Attila campaign without getting frustrated.

It doesn't make the game unplayable, but their half-assed & uneven implementation to accommodate the new Horde feature just pisses me off.  Partly because their reply recommends, "just don't research anything" as a solution to the additional and ever-increasing Relations penalty for Non-Horde factions.  ::)

Until someone can implement a better mod fix, the mod workshop is in, and the DLC spree & their accompanying updates have abated, I'll go back to Rome 2.  Which is a shame because there are some nice UI and family tree improvements in Attila.

Swatter

I see what your saying about the Imperium penalty, but I really haven't noticed any ill results of using a mod that lowers the penalty. Even with a mod that lowers the penalty, WRE was nearly destroyed by 405. So, whatever the reason for Imperium, its not to coordinate resistance against Rome. I have still been at war (as the ERE) 95% of the time with someone (many someones). The diplo mod just made relations more flexible for me.

I would add a few more options to diplomacy, but overall I think it works well. If they release a patch/expansion that retrofits Rome 2 with the Attila feature set, I'm sold.

Sir Slash

FINALLY!!! The Steam Workshop for Attila is live. And.... free of charge.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 29, 2015, 09:21:27 AM
FINALLY!!! The Steam Workshop for Attila is live. And.... free of charge.  O0

Now to wait on the mods...