Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Quite a few listed already. Two total conversion mods, Radious and Ancient Empires, and a bunch of unit and enhancement mods. I'm re-starting my Hun campaign using Radious to see what's changed.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Quote from: Gusington on April 29, 2015, 01:41:58 PM
Anything in there yet?

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 29, 2015, 11:03:41 AM
Quite a few listed already. Two total conversion mods, Radious and Ancient Empires, and a bunch of unit and enhancement mods.

::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^Don't you have some seamen to play with, Commander?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Total of 163 mods listed so far. Radious mod makes early game more survivable as you have more money and food but increases cost of units and buildings so you don't have to buy them to survive and can choose which to prioritize. As the Huns, everybody still hates me but they aren't constantly declaring war on me and those AI spawned stacks of 20 unit armies are much less present. Vanilla Huns had me hiding in the mountains from all the AI factions after me. It felt like playing Whack-A-Mole and I was the mole. Radious lets me whack back and spend more time plundering and dealing with my faction problems. As I've gained power, some factions have even asked me to help them out. And of course there's lots of new units for his mod but most you don't see early game but if your faction can survive long enough and has enough money, you can recruit some truly epic units later. Even the non-playable factions have some powerful units. Very similar to what he did with Rome 2. I'm going to give the East Romans a try and see how I do.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Still sounds like the vanilla game has some unbalanced Diplo relations craziness for each of the two faction types. 

Hopefully someone creates a mod to address just that.  While bits & pieces of the Radious Mods have been helpful in the past, I've found that they also usually include stuff I don't want.   Even the separated bits.

Gusington

163? That's awesome.

I may try the Huns again for the 4th time with the Radious mod.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Radious has been churning out great mods since Shogun 2. It sounds like he's still doing great stuff with Attila. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

As cool as that as, I'm even more pumped about another announcement that was slipped in during this video: 

At long, LONG, last, the original Shogun and Medieval are going to be available on Steam!  Fuck yeah!!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on June 09, 2015, 07:47:39 PM
New Belisarius DLC announced  :D :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?691165-Total-War-ATTILA-%96-The-Last-Roman-Campaign-Pack-we-play-as-Belisarius

I am contractually obligated to buy this on day one. CAN'T WAIT!!

Looks great for a huge number of reasons -- not least that it is focused on a smaller area than the whole map, and possibly also because the world of the early sixth century is a lot better understood than whatever happened with the Huns.

Plus...its an EXPEDITION -- what a great concept!

Gusington

^Yes! Reading further though, it looks as if the Persians are not represented, which is a let down. But...the Vandals are :)

Maybe the Persians can be modded in at some point.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on June 10, 2015, 08:33:53 AM
^Yes! Reading further though, it looks as if the Persians are not represented, which is a let down. But...the Vandals are :)

Maybe the Persians can be modded in at some point.

Focussing on the West makes sense for a lot of reasons.  One would be that the Byzantines remained a regional power there (especially if you count Venice which was technically their vassal) for another 600 years -- basically until the Normans cleared them out before going on and taking Jerusalem for an added stunt.  Another is that there are good accessable sources (Cassidorus himself was even hard at work in this period) for the West -- there may be equally good sources for the East, but traditionally they aren't nearly as easy to find.  And of course Procopius.

Gusington

That must be why the Persians are left out, then. CA has a catch 22 with all their games as far as history - how far do they go, or not, as far as detail before they get lost...or risk dork ire by leaving factions out altogether?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd