Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

After looking forward to playing the Sassanids for so long I am officially disappointed...just too easy. For my next trick I am going to go back to Rome 2 and start a Macedon campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: jomni on July 01, 2015, 07:51:06 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 01, 2015, 07:03:51 AM
Attila is the first Total War I suck at. I just can't get a good game going before disaster strikes.

I suck at Anything Rome 2.  Just can't get used to the building restrictions to get my economy going.

A big +1....tried many times to get a campaign going but fall short.

Bison

Quote from: Gusington on August 24, 2015, 02:34:20 PM
After looking forward to playing the Sassanids for so long I am officially disappointed...just too easy. For my next trick I am going to go back to Rome 2 and start a Macedon campaign.

Pontus.  That's the challenge I want you to take up!

Gusington

Pontus is looking good too but I've wanted to play as Macedon for freaking ever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Mod or vanilla? Macedon was a bitch as vanilla for me. Radious makes the early game a little easier and has some very sweet Macedonian units.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on August 24, 2015, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 24, 2015, 02:34:20 PM

Pontus.  That's the challenge I want you to take up!

I thought Pontus was fairly easy compared to many others. 

Gusington

Macedon with Radious...I have reached that point where I don't think I can go back to vanilla. Not sexy enough.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I'm having a problem with the launchers. I can launch Attila by selecting it from the Rome 2 launcher but for some reason, the Attila launcher is Busted. This way though, I cannot activate my mod workshop mods. Does anyone know a way to go into the game folder and manually activate them?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

OK Gus. Here we go. When you get the Political Event message, Click on the Faction Button at the bottom and Attachment #1 shows the screen with a portrait in the upper right corner, in this case it's, Khorsau or something. Right under the lighted button with the head silhouette. Click on it and Attachment #2 shows the choices at the bottom of the screen-- Kill Him, Take the Gift, or Ignore Him or along that line. I hope these attachments of mine work for you as I ain't too savy with attachments. I'm not Tech Support for sure. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

Well I'll be damned if it didn't work. :o  Mikeck, Attila should launch from it's own launcher without problem. If it doesn't, then there maybe some other problem I'm not familiar with. And I will second the Sexiness of the Radious units. They make my loins moist.

mikeck

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 25, 2015, 03:18:34 PM
Well I'll be damned if it didn't work. :o  Mikeck, Attila should launch from it's own launcher without problem. If it doesn't, then there maybe some other problem I'm not familiar with. And I will second the Sexiness of the Radious units. They make my loins moist.

Well, it should but won't. Rome 2 won't now either after an update. Just says "launcher not working". I tried uninstalling and deleting the remaining folder. Also turned off anti virus. No dice. Have to use the Shogun launcher now
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 25, 2015, 07:40:35 AM
Macedon with Radious...I have reached that point where I don't think I can go back to vanilla. Not sexy enough.

Radious mod makes building way too easy Easy Mode. 

Don't be a panzy, Gus!

Gusington

OK hold on. Slash thank you for the above - I have to try when I have some more time.

BBMike I saw issues exactly like yours listed on TW Center...check out the forums there. In between the whining and crying there may be some help.

Nef - is the initial difficulty for Macedon 'Hard' or 'Normal'? If it's the former I'll have no shame in using Radious.  8)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Macedon is Normal Gus but in vanilla the damned Greeks teamed-up against me while I was trying to take-out the faction you start at war with to the east. In vanilla not having enough food is a killer and Macedon starts with almost no food production. So it's a tough start.

Gusington

I do believe that Nefaro has classified you as a pansy then.

I was a pansy until I won my Armenia campaign in Rome 2. Now all the chicks dig me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd