Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

If you succeed at winning with Epirus, then you lose panzy status.

Or, better yet, win without using the Easy Buildings Mode in Radious, of course.   :P  Kinda defeats the purpose of having to balance the penalties with the benefits that come with the more evolved buildings when there is little downside to just building whatevah.  C:-)

Sir Slash

I plead guilty to Pansy Status then. I'm too much a sucker for the Sexy Units. Those Macedon boys with their short skirts just send me. :-*
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 26, 2015, 11:01:45 AM
I plead guilty to Pansy Status then. I'm too much a sucker for the Sexy Units. Those Macedon boys with their short skirts just send me. :-*

I enjoyed playing the Macedonian successor states. 

My point was that the Radious Mod makes the game easier since the better buildings had their associated penalties lowered or nullified.  The increasing Food & Public Order penalties as other output goes up are a major factor in game balance/difficulty. 

I actually like having to increased income & production with repercussions elsewhere instead of just building everything possible with no worries and no consideration required.  Am I nutty like squirrel turds?   :idiot2:

Sir Slash

Not at all Nutty. I first played vanilla at launch and haven't really come back since all the patches so maybe I'm the one who's  :idiot2:.   The game was very hard for me at launch with new buildings sometimes causing more problems than correcting them. Radious does make the game easier but I can play on a proper difficulty level and survive long enough to conquer some turf. And I don't have to worry so much about the Pissed-Off Peasants.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I like Radious' work too, especially for the units...but that said it did make the Sassanid campaign way too easy. Maybe Macedon won't be as milk-toasty.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on August 25, 2015, 06:40:54 AM
Quote from: Bison on August 24, 2015, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 24, 2015, 02:34:20 PM
After looking forward to playing the Sassanids for so long I am officially disappointed...just too easy. For my next trick I am going to go back to Rome 2 and start a Macedon campaign.

Pontus.  That's the challenge I want you to take up!

I thought Pontus was fairly easy compared to many others.

I think Pontus might be a good pick.  I took easy Pontus for my first game and was annihilated by the Selucids -- but it was Okay.  Easy Egypt was next and extremely fun.  Then came the Normal Parthenians and Patch 2.  One of my favorite games ever.  But that was long ago and many patches ago.  I'm sure the game and the mods and what not are very different now.

Gusington

Macedon it is! Unless it's Pontus. Or the Seleucids. All are alluring.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Seleucids are a very challenging allure.

Nefaro

Pontus was one of my favorites due to it's interesting mix of Macedonian/Greek and Eastern type units. 

As long as you don't piss off a big neighbor early on (notably Seleucids before their problems begin) then it's not too difficult a start, but you can still expand rapidly.

Sir Slash

Yes, a rough neighborhood to be a trading power in. Has anybody ever won as Carthage?

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 27, 2015, 03:33:10 PM
Yes, a rough neighborhood to be a trading power in. Has anybody ever won as Carthage?

I've started a couple campaigns as Carthage, but updates made me abandon them with a plan to restart, but never did.  I recall it was one of those factions who gets DOW'd by four or five neighbors very early on, so I doubt it's easy going.  I had an easier expansionist time with tiny Syracuse fighting Romans, oddly enough.

Some factions just tend to be regularly dogpiled by the way your AI neighbors are programmed to think.

Gusington

I won as Carthage last summer. It was a great campaign. Took me about two months.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I didn't last no time as Carthage. Just too many enemies around. I've done best as the German Confederation which was tough until most of the other German tribes came over and we were able to eliminate the Gauls. Then the money started rolling in big time. Still the Germans are hampered by their shitty navy.

Gusington

Armenia played similarly to what you describe above, sans navy. The Rome 2 Armenia campaign was probably my favorite of the last few years and I would actually go back to it and play again. The triumph of winning and destroying your enemies after almost being wiped off the face of the earth is always satisfying :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk