Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

The creator hints at a possible campaign being released soon-esque.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Queeg

There is a 1295 submod of the Medieval Kingdoms mod that does include a campaign.  It's a very good mod (I've played 10 years or so of an England campaign).  I'm not sure why it's running on a separate track from the main mod and downloading it from Steam Workshop is a bit of a chore (at least when I did it 2-3 weeks ago), but it's a very nice mod.

Links:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?752740-Medieval-Kingdoms-Total-War-1295-A-D-SUBMOD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872702351

Gusington

^That looks quite good. Besides 'subscribe' to it in Steam what else do you have to do?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^So did you do it, Smart Guy[tm]?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

No.  Truthfully it sounds like it's still wip and 50/50 if it crashes.  Honestly I've barely scratched the surface of vanilla so I'm willing to wait until it gets fleshed out more.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^Mm hmm.

Play the Ethiopians in the Grand Campaign. One of my favorites and I won :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

trek

I've tried the 1295 AD submod for awhile. The only thing better about it is the medieval buildings. However, the Castle that is sometimes included in a city looks too large and out of proportion for the buildings around it at least to my eyes. Everything else looks better in the current 1212 AD mod and it's more stable. The previous 1212 AD mod had medieval looking buildings borrowed from Warhammer. They've excluded it from the current edition. Better looking medieval buildings and a campaign are coming in the near future. Beyond that my favorite mod for Attila is the Age of Vikings Mod as it has a full Campaign and Viking Longship amphibious assaults. It is partially based on The Last Kingdom books, TV series, etc. but is still historically accurate.

mikeck

Why can't they just make Medieval 3: Total War like everyone wants?
I like Warhammer...but did we need Warhammer 2 1 year later? I don't get it
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Thanks Trek - I won't go through the trouble of setting it up, it does not sound worth it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: mikeck on May 14, 2017, 10:54:35 PM
Why can't they just make Medieval 3: Total War like everyone wants?
I like Warhammer...but did we need Warhammer 2 1 year later? I don't get it

I have to agree here. They have so many other games they can go back to it makes no sense to make a direct sequel a year later. Besides money.
Insert witty comment here.

FlickJax

I am sure they have sales figures to go on so no problem here, although MTW3 would be very nice.

mikeck

Well I don't think they can compare the number of Warhammer copies sold versus the number of medieval two copies sold since the engine has evolved so much since then and digital download and services allow so many more people access. That said, it's their company they're very successful and I'm sure they know more about it than I do. Nevertheless, on the forums,  I've seen people screaming for the next version of medieval and the most popular mods seem to be the ones that convert these games to a medieval setting
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Medieval 2 with the Stainless Steel mod is still excellent, as are the mini campaigns for the Crusades, the Teutons, the Americas and the British Isles.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on May 15, 2017, 12:46:02 PM
Medieval 2 with the Stainless Steel mod is still excellent, as are the mini campaigns for the Crusades, the Teutons, the Americas and the British Isles.

Yes. Agreed. But would love a new one with the new engine. Of well. Apparently it isn't in the cards