Main Menu

Attila: Total War

Started by LongBlade, October 27, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

There is the as of yet unnamed project covering an as of yet uncovered era in history somewhere in the cards. Maybe it's the Renaissance era. Dare to dream!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

trek

Originally they said emphatically that they wouldn't do a Medieval 3. Then later they seemed to back-pedal somewhat. If they are watching all the forums (TW Center, Steam, TW.Com, etc.) then they've got to know that MTW3 would be a huge seller. Personally, if it wasn't for the Age of Vikings and 1212 AD mods I probably would uninstall Attila as I've already gotten my fill of the time period including the Charlemange DLC so like most everyone else I'm ready for the Medieval Period. MTW2 was always my favorite TW and still is. I wouldn't count a 3rd one out as I've got a sneaking suspicion that it just might happen.

Gusington

The medieval era in Europe is my favorite era that CA have covered, but Fall of the Samurai is probably my favorite CA game of all time. It's almost perfect.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Why?

I've only dabbled in TW: Shogun2 but that time I've spent was the Rise, not the Fall, because of the more medieval aspect.

I've heard Rise is better from many, so I'm wondering what the appeal is.  I haven't even booted that campaign up TBH.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I love the 1850s-1860s tech era and that combined with the Japanese struggle between tradition and tech is just awesome. The naval battles are fantastic. The artwork is unreal. And both tactical battles and the campaign play are lots of fun. It's the nearly perfect TW game. Gonna return to it soon to play the regular, 16th century campaign, I think.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Agreed. Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai was my all time favorite TW campaign..... with the Darthmod.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 15, 2017, 09:42:49 PM
Agreed. Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai was my all time favorite TW campaign..... with the Darthmod.  :clap:

I have always liked that one, but I must have played a half-dozen mods of Medieval2: MiddleEarthian ones, English Civl War ones etc. etc.

Gusington

You know I never modded any campaign of Shogun 2...it always felt perfect 'as is' to me. I've modded every other Total War game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Darthmod really made it shine. I think calling in Naval Gunfire in a battle is THE best single thing in any TW game ever.  :smitten: 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have to agree...unless the AI shells you. Not so cool, but still amazing to watch a fortress being pounded into submission.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 16, 2017, 07:23:59 AM
You know I never modded any campaign of Shogun 2...it always felt perfect 'as is' to me. I've modded every other Total War game.

I played my first Shogun 2 campaign unmodded - all the way through to a last minute win.  It was a wonderful tooth grinder.

But I did start using a Slower Movement Mod, and another one that lessened the Realm Divide effects a bit after that.  Both meant to ease the time pressure in each side of the game (tactical/campaign) for a more relaxed pace.

I need to go back and play a full campaign of FotS.  Never got far into that one.

Gusington

I still haven't won a campaign of Shogun 2 in any of its iterations. I got very, very close in Fall of the Samurai but ran out of time 💀

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

fabius

How do Attila battles compare with Rome 2?
Specifically does it give more field battles compared to Rome's high rate of siege battles?

Asking because there's promising looking Ancient Empires mod coming for Attila, and I'm still holding off on Britannia while the campaign AI is reported as bit bellow par

Gusington

Has Ancient Empires released? Is it expected over this weekend?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Sorry didn't answer your question - I haven't noticed much of a difference between Rome 2 and Attila battles. I enjoy them both.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd