Total War: Rome II THE RISE OF ROME dlc

Started by JasonPratt, August 04, 2018, 02:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 19, 2018, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on August 19, 2018, 08:48:08 PM
Quote from: Destraex on August 17, 2018, 07:32:20 PM

Do you have a good shot of the entire armies fighting? Also once you get to the republican era in this addon do you get the hastati, principe and triarii (as well as the velites of course) or is the campaign set so early that the romans only get their poor version of hoplites? I wonder if Etruscan Hoplites fight differently to Greek Hoplites in both formation and fighting style??

I can get screenshots, sure, but I'm busy playing at being an Insubres not testing the Romans.  If you are asking the game to properly differentiate different hoplite fighting methods, you are expecting the game to invent a whole new analysis of the period -- not likely -- I think Burning Blue is the only game that has ever offerred that kind of original research and analysis.  Moreover -- suppose Rome2 or a DLC had done a completely correct re-analysis of hoplite warfare -- that would just guarantee an internet shit-storm and totally mis-informed people told us all they were going to sue for how hoplites were being misrepresented etc. etc.
  Actually the Plataea of the Hoplite game does such a good workman like representation that you can get a better idea of what Herodotus reports -- that that's not likely in most games -- even Field of Glory 2 has an amazingly bad version of Plataea.

Yeah. I would settle for being able to see my men. I need to check out rome2 on the computer I built my friend which is much newer than mine.

Here's Etruscan Hoplites and spearmen effectively in columns during the reassembly phase of the battle.  At this point, Samorix, the Ex-Priestess's replacement, has busted the Tarquinian line and is assembling the army on a hill before finishing off the enemy cavalry and chariots and leaders and archers in the woods -- having no cavalry, no chariots and few archers of her own, this can be a tricky moment especially if they pick off her and her elderly sword guard lolly-gagging in the woods as has almost happened -- she was saved by a passing gang of slingers and some spearmen that she had "inspired" earlier who were still pursuing some chariots)

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 06:42:17 PM
There's gotta be a way you can make a living from this skill of yours.

Probably this skill is a minor variation on my basic money-earning skill: use standard software to get interesting and even useful results.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Men's. looking at your screenshots. How do you control your army and see what's going on. Zoomed in so far? Can you show some screenshots of your normal control height?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 20, 2018, 07:56:44 PM
Men's. looking at your screenshots. How do you control your army and see what's going on. Zoomed in so far? Can you show some screenshots of your normal control height?

For normal control, I'm usually zoomed all the way out.  Makes for dull images.  I zoom in for pictures much later in the battle or occasionally before the battle.

Sir Slash

Ok. Here's my best attempt at a MengJiao Mimic. The First Triumvirate Mod for Attila Total War: Cesar leads a night assault on the Gauls of Sederic at Narbo.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 21, 2018, 09:48:26 AM
Ok. Here's my best attempt at a MengJiao Mimic. The First Triumvirate Mod for Attila Total War: Cesar leads a night assault on the Gauls of Sederic at Narbo.

Wow!  I love it!  Heavy Metal City!!!

Destraex

Nice screenshot. How did the rest of your army do while you were showboating around with your migs? Haha!
MengJiao I still want that command level screenshot. I want to see whether it matches up with mine... so I can compare if its the game of my pc.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 21, 2018, 10:33:01 AM
Nice screenshot. How did the rest of your army do while you were showboating around with your migs? Haha!
MengJiao I still want that command level screenshot. I want to see whether it matches up with mine... so I can compare if its the game of my pc.

Very dull, but here it is:

Gusington

Slash you cheated by pausing the game to take your shot! Yellow card for you :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

OK then. Next shot will be full non-paused.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Sir Slash

The guy with the blue shield looks VERY disappointed. Probably got there late and all the shields with the cool designs were already taken.  #:-)

Destraex

Quote from: MengJiao on August 21, 2018, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: Destraex on August 21, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

Very dull, but here it is:

Thank you. So it is not my PC. Yours screenshot (although in darkness rather than light) also shows it looks like they are rag clad zombies at that range. They seriously look like they are missing parts due to the  the LOD simplifying them and turning them into 2D elements I suspect. The skirmishers at the front especially look like stick figures.

Here  this is much clearer::

Than this: