You can't feel my FRIDAY driving me insane

Started by MetalDog, December 07, 2018, 06:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GroggyGrognard

With my new schedule, I finally have the weekends off

I just bought Armello on sale at Steam--so I want to try it out this weekend. I also bought Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 and Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem from the Matrix Games Holiday Sale. Those prices were too good to pass up. If there is enough time I will try playing around with GaW.

I'm tempted to get the new Battle Brothers Beasts & Exploration DLC but may wait until it (hopefully) shows up on the Steam Winter Sale.

I am also tempted to buy Strategic Command WWII: World at War but I am leaning towards waiting until more reviews come out and also perhaps show up on the Steam Winter Sale.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
Going to Cape May NJ with The Wife for a quick weekend getaway, so no gaming.

Slap and Tickle, Hide the Pickle doesn't count as gaming?  ???

Gusington

If I just get to take a nap I will be ecstatic!

Groggy - post impressions of you can on Germany at War, I just bought it too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2018, 11:52:38 AM
If I just get to take a nap I will be ecstatic!

Groggy - post impressions of you can on Germany at War, I just bought it too.

Me too...and Last Stand Arnhem. lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Moreb on December 07, 2018, 07:46:41 AM

So basically a chill  weekend at out cabin with the woodburner going, good food (smoking a couple whole birds) and some relaxation. This economy has me having the beat year of work ever and time off is at a premium. I am turning down side work left and right. Let's hope it continues.

Same here sort of...may be up at the farm making sure the woodstove is doing its best since big power outages seem likely in Western NC...if all goes well...I'll be back down in the manbasement in Boone playing RomeII (the lastest DLC) and maybe seven-years war or even (boardgame WWI): Bloody April.

Huw the Poo

Warframe - of course!

X4: Foundations - continuing to grow my empire

Artifact - maybe I will actually win a game this weekend!

MOS:96B2P

When not watching football and taking care of honey doos

CMSF2

W8taminute

I think that was JH hitting on you.

Well I do have to play hard to get you know.  I'm cheap but not easy.   ;D

But I'd love to play TI4 with JH if he were to say get the game.  I'm only a 2.5 hour drive away. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on December 07, 2018, 01:41:45 PM

But I'd love to play TI4 with JH if he were to say get the game.  I'm only a 2.5 hour drive away.

Really? Where are you again?

I just might consider that!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

...and War Plan Orange.

Get a room, you two.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 07, 2018, 02:11:50 PM

I'm in the greater Boston area so not too far away from you. (assuming your not far from the big apple)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on December 07, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 07, 2018, 02:11:50 PM

I'm in the greater Boston area so not too far away from you. (assuming your not far from the big apple)

Yeah...I'm about an hour east of the City.  :-\
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

That's not too bad.  We should round up some of the other members who live in the general area and meet up in Connecticut someplace and make a day out of it. 

Toonces

Unfortunately the man cave is under renovation, so no gaming on the Obutto cockpit this weekend.  Thus I'll be missing out on IL-2 online (next weekend, I promise!) and sticking to stuff I can play on the old lappy.

Not sure what yet...leaning towards a Total War title.  Rome 2?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

More Mutant Year Zero if I can find the time. I like it so far. The post-apocalyptic theme/art is great and it sticks close to the RPG, at least so far.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak