The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Quote from: mbar on December 21, 2020, 01:19:48 PM
KARDS - Starter Pack for free today, on December 21st!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1471390/KARDS__Starter_Pack/

Thanks!  Kept getting an error trying to add it to my acct until I realized I'd never downloaded/added the free base game. :-[
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I picked up Partisans 1941 @ Fanatical last night for $20.00

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 25, 2020, 07:03:15 PM
Just a tip for sale hunters...before you buy directly through Steam or other places, search for it at this site.  I have found many cheaper prices this way and the default sites are legit places.  They also have a section for the "gray" sites but that is optional, you don't even need to look there.

https://gg.deals/us/

This website looks pretty shady to me, most sites like this operate by ripping off the game devs with fraudulent buyback claims etc.  Like in any other industry, I'd think twice before buying from a storefront that offers "too good to be true" prices, especially one that asks for your Steam login info.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on December 22, 2020, 12:57:10 AM
Just a tip for sale hunters...before you buy directly through Steam or other places, search for it at this site.  I have found many cheaper prices this way and the default sites are legit places.  They also have a section for the "gray" sites but that is optional, you don't even need to look there.

This website looks pretty shady to me, most sites like this operate by ripping off the game devs with fraudulent buyback claims etc.  Like in any other industry, I'd think twice before buying from a storefront that offers "too good to be true" prices, especially one that asks for your Steam login info.

Are you sure you understand what the site does, because I completely disagree.  GG Deals is simply a price comparison tool that searches across the internet to display the lowest prices.  It does include price listings from both official (legit) stores and "less desirable" keyshops but it's totally up to the customer where you make your purchases.  It's just like the "IsThereAnyDeal" website. GG Deals also does not sell anything directly, they provide direct links to the stores actually selling the games where you make the purchases.  It does look like that GG Deals does have some coupon arrangements with some of the stores where they offer an additional nominal percentage off but not sure why that is an issue as many internet stores provide incentives for other places linking to them.  If you have an issue with that, then don't click the link from within GG deals, just go directly to the site itself that is selling it.

As to signing into the site, that is totally OPTIONAL as I have never done that myself.  Only reason you would need to sign in is if you want to receive alerts, create wishlists, etc.  Even if someone wanted to login using the Steam account, I don't see that as a big deal as other sites (i.e. greenmangaming, fanatical, humble bundle, etc.) do the same optionally.  Many sites also nowadays use Facebook accounts and other logins many people have.  And in this case, totally optional so if someone doesn't want to, there is absolutely no need.

At the end of the day, totally everyone's personal choice as to whether to use the site or not, but can't really see how it is considered a potential issue.

Pete Dero

Quote from: al_infierno on December 22, 2020, 12:57:10 AM

This is a similar site but lists only official stores : https://isthereanydeal.com/

Gusington

Steam Winter Sale has begun. Proceed to panic and scream. I wouldn't try getting in to the store now because it's overrun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on December 22, 2020, 01:13:18 PM
Steam Winter Sale has begun. Proceed to panic and scream. I wouldn't try getting in to the store now because it's overrun.

And may the GroGod have mercy on our souls (&bank accounts)!

al_infierno

I see, my mistake then I jumped to conclusions.  On principle I'd still avoid linking to sites that even include gray market retailers, to avoid giving them more exposure.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

Kind of disappointed with the Steam sale so far.  Where are all the deep discounts on Triple A titles?  Civ 6 is 14.99 on sale.  Yes that's 75% off of retail but come on.  I want to see it at 9.99.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I would agree that it is a rather lame Steam sale right now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Most of the items on my Wishlist are "Coming Soon", so no enticements for me this sale.  Big pass...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2020, 04:07:43 PM
I would agree that it is a rather lame Steam sale right now.

But you can get a whole entire dollar off Among Us!  Think of what you could do with that dollar!

- MengJiao

JasonPratt

I'm kind of gluttoned up on games already, so I doubt I'll get much this year. (As my memory cackles with disdain against me in the background.  ::) :hide: )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Because of my game gluttony with Valhalla, it will have to be some kind of serious discount to get me to even think of anything else.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Gamersgate has OOTP21 for $3.75 for the next ~22 hours.   :knuppel2: