Main Menu

Kung Fury

Started by Arctic Blast, May 30, 2015, 12:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

It's a 30 minute short film that was Kickstarted and is now real. It's also free to watch. An ode to 80's action movies featuring : Kung Fu, keytar music, hair metal character intros, Viking chicks with automatic weapons, Thor, Nazis, time travel, dinosaurs, a robot eagle, Hitler as the Kung Fuhrer, a complete disregard for Physics, a Power Glove, a cartoon sequence, hilariously stupid movie hacking sequences, a David Hasselhof song over the end credits, lots of nut shots, big explosions, bad puns, and a main character who is a cop on the edge, the chosen one, and a guy who looks like a character from Double Dragon.

Enjoy.

BanzaiCat

I've seen this pop up on Steam but I generally give a wide berth to 'free to play' games, since they're almost always in-game purchases to be made.

This is some phenomenal production and tongue-in-cheek humor, though. I might try the game now just on general principle.

...whoops, just noted it's 1.99. I could have sworn it was free to play. I'll put it on my wishlist...I'm not really into MK or SF-style fighting games, even if the premise is pretty cool.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Skateboarding on the nazi wss good.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Nefaro

ROFL

"That explains the Laseraptor.  FUCK!"

:2funny:

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 30, 2015, 09:40:15 AM
I've seen this pop up on Steam but I generally give a wide berth to 'free to play' games, since they're almost always in-game purchases to be made.

This is some phenomenal production and tongue-in-cheek humor, though. I might try the game now just on general principle.

...whoops, just noted it's 1.99. I could have sworn it was free to play. I'll put it on my wishlist...I'm not really into MK or SF-style fighting games, even if the premise is pretty cool.

It really isn't a fighting game like MK or SF. It's a side scrolling brawler, only the controls are limited to 'attack left' and 'attack right'. You're basically just seeing how long you can survive. Not bad, and worth the $0.41 it cost me once I'd spent my steam wallet funds.  :)