2015 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball League

Started by Bison, March 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

At the traditional 1/2 way point of the season the league is pretty tight, 6.5 games separate 1st through 4th. I looked at the totals in each category for each team and made a list of where we would stand if we were using the yearly total format. Here is how the standings would look using the yearly format with the league rank in parenthesis.

TOTAL POINTS
(4)Alabama Slammers        69.5
(3)Polar Vengeance                68.5
(8)Place Holders                67
(1)Heebie Jeebie                65
(2)Big Papi                        62
(5)Hot Lead                        55
(6)Shotgun Express                52
(9)Bison                                52
(10)Tea & Crumpets                37
(7)Detroit Ligers                22
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

My team is horrible, but not horrible enough to place behind Geek's team.

undercovergeek

Marty Ward

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 15, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
i am having THE shittest year!!

Your problem is pitching, just like most teams in real life :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

Marty Ward

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 15, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
i am having THE shittest year!!

Without the minimum innings rule Place Holders would be right up there in the thick of things.

undercovergeek

yeah, same every year ive even received some MD secret advice - in my defense im asleep when the frikking page updates with whos pitching, i didnt make the minimum last week because i missed out on a 7 innings pitching session by one of them but he wasnt on the team and i missed the little pointy arrow  :tickedoff:

Marty Ward

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 15, 2015, 10:44:44 AM
yeah, same every year ive even received some MD secret advice - in my defense im asleep when the frikking page updates with whos pitching, i didnt make the minimum last week because i missed out on a 7 innings pitching session by one of them but he wasnt on the team and i missed the little pointy arrow  :tickedoff:

For starting pitchers you can assume they will only pitch every 5th game. So if they pitch on Monday they will pitch again either Saturday or Sunday (depending on whether their team plays Thursday). You could click ahead and put them in the line up if you wanted to. I do that when I know I will be away from a computer for a few days. It doesn't work perfect but it can help.

Also pay attention to Mondays and Thursdays. Not every team plays those day, they do play on all other days. Try to get as many people who are playing into your lineup those days to give you more chances. It doesn't matter who it is, put them in if you can. Click ahead to see who plays those days and just set a lineup then go to the next day and put all your regulars back in. 

undercovergeek

am i having an internet problem, or is noone playing this week?

Marty Ward

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 15, 2015, 11:57:06 AM
am i having an internet problem, or is noone playing this week?

No games until Friday because of the All Star Game break. This week you will play the same person until next Sunday (10 days).

Bison

Pfft ya' English git!  Everyone knows it the All Star break!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on July 15, 2015, 12:24:02 PM

is it worth my while asking if anyone wants me to set up a fantasy football premier league come mid august?

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 15, 2015, 01:26:06 PM
Quote from: Bison on July 15, 2015, 12:24:02 PM

is it worth my while asking if anyone wants me to set up a fantasy football premier league come mid august?

Too many ties which causes people for some unknown reason to be excited about how well their team played and what a good game it was...Soccer is the Neville Chamberlain of the sporting world.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 15, 2015, 01:26:06 PMis it worth my while asking if anyone wants me to set up a fantasy football premier league come mid august?

While I am a big soccer fan, I expect my fall this year to be pretty crazy, and my time to be pretty limited.  Plus, this is the only fantasy sports anything I participate in, and we all see how well I do there, eh?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

*#^@%$*@^ it
Coming out of the All-Star break, I've got my 3 best pitchers all starting on the same day.
You know you're playing fantasy baseball when you bench the All-Star game starter b/c the other guys will give you better stats in a specific category, instead of just a solid quality start.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob