Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Does this street make my tank look fat?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

there goes the paint job
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

..not to mention the dining room wall.....
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Windigo

Quote from: bob48 on November 16, 2013, 06:00:53 PM
..not to mention the dining room wall.....

been looking at that one window....

Staggerwing

Is that a Centurion? The lettering on the turret looks like it says 'MFOR' but I am only aware of IFOR, SFOR, and KFOR.

EDIT: N/M. MFOR = Macedonia Force. And now the tank looks like an early Leopard 2.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

No, don't think its a Cent, not sure what it is though.

'Clip those corners'

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

With a 5 man crew. Why? Well, somebody must be driving...  :D

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bob48

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 16, 2013, 09:06:22 PM
It's a Leo 2

Thanks Brant - I can see that, now you have pointed it out.

'Clip those corners'

Windigo

in world of tanks its a fine 3rd tier tank

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

S-35s were pretty decent tanks for their timeframe and had good armor and reasonable speed and maneuverability. It's gun was probably better than what the Panzers had (at least until PZ3s got upgraded to 50mm). The French just didn't really have a good idea as to how to use them, spreading their tanks quite thinly across their formations and not equipping them with enough radios. The main *integral* drawback to the S-35 (and a number of French tanks of the time) was that the Commander was also the gunner and had to narrow his focus while firing at the immediate threat, thus possibly losing sight of the bigger picture. Also, iirc, the Somua had a big-assed hatch on the back of the turret that, while being opened, allowed anyone nearby to easily throw 'splody things inside or take pot-shots from further away.

Windigo

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 17, 2013, 03:32:13 PM
S-35s were pretty decent tanks for their timeframe and had good armor and reasonable speed and maneuverability. It's gun was probably better than what the Panzers had (at least until PZ3s got upgraded to 50mm). The French just didn't really have a good idea as to how to use them, spreading their tanks quite thinly across their formations and not equipping them with enough radios. The main *integral* drawback to the S-35 (and a number of French tanks of the time) was that the Commander was also the gunner and had to narrow his focus while firing at the immediate threat, thus possibly losing sight of the bigger picture. Also, iirc, the Somua had a big-assed hatch on the back of the turret that, while being opened, allowed anyone nearby to easily throw 'splody things inside or take pot-shots from further away.

right about the back hatch Staggerin',

the S35 is awesome Star... great rate of fire... a fine reticle closing speed, and decent damage

GDS_Starfury

Ive killed them by the job lots.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 17, 2013, 10:57:13 PM
Ive killed them by the job lots.

the trick is to just peek with that high forward turret and watch your flanks.... soft flanks.... but decent frontal