'Adventure' 2600 game was action-adventure prototype

Started by MetalDog, June 10, 2015, 10:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on June 12, 2015, 08:55:16 AM
Cat, might that have been an Amiga?

Nope, unfortunately, not an Amiga. A buddy of mine at the time had one and holy hell it was gorgeous compared to my rig.

Mine was the Commodore PC-20.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_PC_compatible_systems

It looked just like this one (the CPU, anyway):

JasonPratt

I was about to say I learned typing on my TI-99/4a; but come to think of it that isn't true. I learned it trying to program things into my Sinclaire something something, the first computer we ever owned, which output to our TV.

Dad also got a Kaypro II portable computer for work, although I don't think we ever used it for work. I typed a lot of large BASIC programs on it. I think the largest program I ever wrote (maybe also typed in) was on that system, too: a way to enter data and calculate battle results from where my brother and I were playing Red Arrow, Black Shield.

Anyway, the TI99 did help typing a lot, since we bought a typing exercise program/game for it. I used it to tutor a fellow student in typing while still in grade school, too; earned enough money to pay back for buying the program at least, plus a little extra.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!