Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star ON STEAM!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 11, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomasew

Quote from: mikeck on May 17, 2015, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: jomni on May 17, 2015, 07:31:06 AM
Quote from: Thomasew on May 17, 2015, 07:14:15 AM
Hi,

The latest Steam version is 2663, .. check in upper right corner of Main/Menu Screen.

This is the latest, .. and is actually May 2015.  :)

Cheers
Tom

Mine is definitely outdated.  How do I update this?  I can't find the installer.  Where did Steam put it?

It involves human sacrifice and a complex chant performed in iambic pentameter

Never found updating SABOW or GTOS to be particularly tricky, .. in fact, I found the process fairly simple and self-explanatory.  :)

However, said products on Steam, pose no such challenges for those unfamiliar with manual patch procedures, .. as the patches and DLC are installed automatically.  :)

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

jomni

Quote from: Thomasew on May 17, 2015, 10:33:13 PM
Quote from: mikeck on May 17, 2015, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: jomni on May 17, 2015, 07:31:06 AM
Quote from: Thomasew on May 17, 2015, 07:14:15 AM
Hi,

The latest Steam version is 2663, .. check in upper right corner of Main/Menu Screen.

This is the latest, .. and is actually May 2015.  :)

Cheers
Tom

Mine is definitely outdated.  How do I update this?  I can't find the installer.  Where did Steam put it?

It involves human sacrifice and a complex chant performed in iambic pentameter

Never found updating SABOW or GTOS to be particularly tricky, .. in fact, I found the process fairly simple and self-explanatory.  :)

However, said products on Steam, pose no such challenges for those unfamiliar with manual patch procedures, .. as the patches and DLC are installed automatically.  :)

Cheers
Tom

They are not installed automatically. Steam will dump the installer in a cache folder and the user has to run the usual update program and look for the installer file.  I'm just not sure if there is a Apr or May update for the steam version as I don't find the file in the cache folder.

Thomasew

Hi Jomni,

Actually, .. they were for me. I only purchased the Steam version of GTOS last week, .. as well as the Operation Hooper and High-Res textures DLCs.

When I first started the game, .. I played an Operation Hooper battle, .. and all was fine. I didn't have to install the DLC manually.  :)

Anyhoo, .. in trying to figure out why it wasn't the April 2015 version, .. which it should have been, .. I tried 'Verifying the Disc Cache'.

This procedure replaced 3 files ..  ???

When I started GTOS now, .. I saw that the version was 2313, .. so obviously something had changed/updated.

However, .. now my DLC was gone ..  :( .. and I noticed that the 'Game Update' 4.19 was now disabled.

I then went thru the process of installing them manually, .. as you indicated.  :)

So, everything is working fine now, .. but, I am not certain whether version 2313 is the equivalent of the April 2015 patch.

I do know, .. with SABOW, .. as I have both the GG and Steam versions, .. that the Steam version only shows a number (2663) and not a month, .. as the GG version shows i.e. May 2015.

I've asked about the GTOS version over at the Graviteam forums, .. so, I'll let you know once they let me know ..  :)

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

jomni

I'm aking Graviteam on Facebook to get to the bottom of this.

Krabb

Quote from: jomni on May 18, 2015, 12:02:17 AM
They are not installed automatically. Steam will dump the installer in a cache folder and the user has to run the usual update program and look for the installer file.  I'm just not sure if there is a Apr or May update for the steam version as I don't find the file in the cache folder.
This is not true, patches and DLCs from the "cache" folder will be installed automatically. The game checks it on every start if an update appeared there (at least if you always press the Save&Exit button in the updater ;) ).

Steam version is still December 2014, May 2015 is only for GamersGate for now.

jomni

Quote from: Krabb on May 18, 2015, 06:27:43 AM
This is not true, patches and DLCs from the "cache" folder will be installed automatically. The game checks it on every start if an update appeared there (at least if you always press the Save&Exit button in the updater ;) ).
Steam version is still December 2014, May 2015 is only for GamersGate for now.

Thanks.  That explains it.  Confirmed by Graviteam as well.

Krabb

Quote from: Thomasew on May 18, 2015, 01:13:27 AM
Anyhoo, .. in trying to figure out why it wasn't the April 2015 version, .. which it should have been, .. I tried 'Verifying the Disc Cache'.
However, .. now my DLC was gone ..  :( .. and I noticed that the 'Game Update' 4.19 was now disabled.
I'll copy my answer here too just in case.

This is a problem with the game updater. Before (or after, doesn't make much difference) the "verify integrity of disc cache" you have to manually remove everything from the data\k43t folder, except the loc_eng and shared folders. Now the patch and DLCs you have should be installed automatically.

Or just install them manually from the !steam_cache folder.

jomni

Steam version now updated to June 2015a version. 

mikeck

I liked this game a lot. I just started playing "operation hooper" and now I love it. It has passed CM as my go to RT ww2-modern game. The artillery is just a blast to use and the graphics are awesome
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson