miniLAW: Ministry of Law

Started by Jarhead0331, January 06, 2020, 10:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I know many of you aren't into side scrolling and retro graphics, but stick with me.

This new game I've been playing is pretty awesome. It takes place in a dystopian future and you play the role of a "constable", an elite officer of the Ministry of Law. Think Judge Dredd + Robo Cop + Blade Runner, and you'll have an idea of what you'll experience here. The game play and RPG elements are surprisingly deep. You basically have 24 - 72 hours (depending on the level of difficulty you select) to locate and disarm some kind of a megabomb that his been set to explode somewhere in the last city of humanity. In order to do this, you have to patrol the city in your flying squad car on the lookout for criminal activity. When you locate criminal activity, you deploy down to the city level and then use a mix of lethal and non-lethal force to take down criminals. There is usually one perp that is identified that you must bring in alive. You get extra requisition points for accomplishing this, as well as for forcing others to surrender.

There is a really cool mix of cyberpunk enemies with different weapons, behaviors and abilities. As a constable, you have access to weapons, cybernetic modules and upgrades that you can use to increase enhance your own stats. For instance, improve your armor, senses, diplomatic ability, aim, melee strength, speed, etc.  You also collect and keep track of ammo, which comes in different varieties, such as lethal, riot, non-lethal, explosive, etc.

Its a pretty cool little game and highly addictive...I'm warning you. Presently 40% off on steam, too!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/503180/miniLAW_Ministry_of_Law/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

That actually does sound pretty cool; on the wishlist it goes!  Thanks Jarhead.

Destraex

This reminds me of rise of the dragon for the 90s
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"