Main Menu

Head Over FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, August 20, 2020, 11:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

World of Warships for me and a note to myself to add Grand Tactician Civil War to my Steam wish/watch list.  Plus trying to decide what to use my Matrixgames anniversary (14 years I think) coupon on....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

I probably won't get any further than a little Medieval TW 2: Stainless Steel as the Storming Normans.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Myrmidon

Dominions 5 Multiplayer for me.  Got a a few multiplayer games I'm in, and things are about to get spicy in a couple of them. 

Other than that, I hope to get a Crusader Kings 2 game rolling.  Listening to an audiobook on the Plantagenets has got me hankering for some good ole medieval dynastic drama!

nelmsm

Well daughter woke up sick this morning and though it could be the flu Docter was about 90% sure she has Covid-19.  That means I could have two weeks or better go play away.  Looks like I'll finally have time to dig into Imperator: Rome like I want and maybe get back to War In the West deeper.

al_infierno

Quote from: nelmsm on August 21, 2020, 05:23:36 PM
Well daughter woke up sick this morning and though it could be the flu Docter was about 90% sure she has Covid-19.  That means I could have two weeks or better go play away.  Looks like I'll finally have time to dig into Imperator: Rome like I want and maybe get back to War In the West deeper.

Hope she gets well quickly!   :hug:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MetalDog

That's a yay/boo if I ever heard one.  Yay you get game time.  Boo your daughter is sick.  Hope it's mild and short lived for her and none of y'all catch it.

@several previous re: RRHoF  Just call it the Music Hall of Fame.  Because everyone draws their own line on what defines, 'rock n roll,' and you will rarely talk someone off of theirs.  Music HoF stops all that nonsense and we can honor the performers who have provided the soundtrack for our lives.

Gaming will be less as I have a rare Saturday that I am required by work to work.  I will be home by 5 so it's not a total wash, but, Sunday will have a lot more errands crammed into it than the usual none.  The old standbys of Civ and MtG Arena are now joined by a gracious, and unexpected, gift of Pillars of Eternity.  Just made my character and cleared the very first encounter.  Going in for more as soon as I quit typing here.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

CJReich46

Quote from: MetalDog on August 21, 2020, 05:43:49 PM

That's a yay/boo if I ever heard one.  Yay you get game time.  Boo your daughter is sick.  Hope it's mild and short lived for her and none of y'all catch it.

@several previous re: RRHoF  Just call it the Music Hall of Fame.  Because everyone draws their own line on what defines, 'rock n roll,' and you will rarely talk someone off of theirs.  Music HoF stops all that nonsense and we can honor the performers who have provided the soundtrack for our lives.

Gaming will be less as I have a rare Saturday that I am required by work to work.  I will be home by 5 so it's not a total wash, but, Sunday will have a lot more errands crammed into it than the usual none.  The old standbys of Civ and MtG Arena are now joined by a gracious, and unexpected, gift of Pillars of Eternity.  Just made my character and cleared the very first encounter.  Going in for more as soon as I quit typing here.

+1 This. It took until 2013 before Rush was inducted, and that was richly deserved, and luckily the groundswell was intense because of the success of Clockwork Angels. and partly due to the film "Beyond the Lighted Stage."

Pillars of Eternity - Nice.

So, anyway as for me. I have been just playing a mix of Order of Battle WWII - I am now at Piatek over looking the Bzura river in 1939. Trying to hold on to what I managed to take in the previous scenario.   Crusader Kings II is "kind of" calling, thanks to Kings and Generals since they showing the world in the timelines 867 and 1066. I wish Paradox did that with CK II. Because you can just sit there and look at all the different characters and say, "Well...which one?"  I am glad they focused on just two timelines for CK III ( still thinking on getting it Sept 1st, but I'm sticking to my guns on waiting -possible Christmas or something) I have thought about treating myself to maybe Imperialism 1 and 2 on GOG.com, but we'll see.

nelmsm, I hope your daughter feels better soon. Be safe.   

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Anguille

I had a big crush on Belinda Carlisle when i was younger.... :smitten:. Impressive how popular the GoGo's were.

I would like to play some Imperiums: Greek Wars, some Aggressors: ancient Rome and some Horizon.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2020, 02:36:20 PM
Absolutely.

Probably some Ultimate Admiral age of sail, CLOD Tobruk and maybe even some Hell Let Loose. 

W8taminute

Quote from: Anguille on August 22, 2020, 12:48:35 AM
I had a big crush on Belinda Carlisle when i was younger.... :smitten:. Impressive how popular the GoGo's were.

So did I.  In fact there was this one girl I met in college that looked a lot like Belinda Carlisle.  I tried asking her out multiple times and got turned down everytime.  I took that as a sign that I would never be able to date the real Belinda Carlisle and moved on.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

You knew a chick in college that looked like Belinda Carlisle?? DAYUM  :o

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: W8taminute on August 23, 2020, 04:17:19 PM

So did I.  In fact there was this one girl I met in college that looked a lot like Belinda Carlisle.  I tried asking her out multiple times and got turned down everytime.  I took that as a sign that I would never be able to date the real Belinda Carlisle and moved on.   ;D

I asked a lot of girls out in college. I also got turned down every time.
Insert witty comment here.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2020, 04:25:15 PM
You knew a chick in college that looked like Belinda Carlisle?? DAYUM  :o

Ya but she didn't want me!  LoL

Quote from: jamus34 on August 23, 2020, 07:43:28 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on August 23, 2020, 04:17:19 PM

I asked a lot of girls out in college. I also got turned down every time.

Same here... :-[
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk