REAPER MINIS NEW KICKSTARTER!

Started by bayonetbrant, August 02, 2017, 07:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

They're at it again!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure

yes, $100 sounds like a lot, but every time Reaper does this, you end up with 250+ minis out of the deal by the time all the stretch goals are added.

For perspective - the campaign started yesterday w/ a $30k goal.  This morning they're over $650k and climbing.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Rybon66

I am thinking about this however you won't get the Miniatures until 2019.  That is the only thing holding me back.

bayonetbrant

yeah, but that's only b/c the first few waves sold out within a few hours
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

So, wait. It's $100 for over 70 minis? And it is $185 for all 36 Star Trek Adventures minis?
:o  :-\  :tickedoff:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

it's 70 minis right now.  By the time the stretch goals are done being added on, you'll freak out at how many minis you'll end up with.

And Reaper isn't paying licensing fees for the Star Trek guys...

Nefaro

Do they actually add more minis as stretch goals are reached?

The stretch goals I'm seeing are just added purchase options (e.g. the $10 Wraiths add-on) that are unlocked.

Still debating getting the core set.  Despite probably not seeing it for nearly two more years.   

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2017, 06:37:08 PM

They're adding them to the 'base set' picture. They were at 70 minis when bbmike posted above. They're at 115 and climbing now.

Look at everything that's in the green-bordered picture. That's what you get for the $100 pledge, and they're still adding.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 23, 2017, 07:37:48 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 23, 2017, 06:37:08 PM

They're adding them to the 'base set' picture. They were at 70 minis when bbmike posted above. They're at 115 and climbing now.

Look at everything that's in the green-bordered picture. That's what you get for the $100 pledge, and they're still adding.

Ahh!  Thanks.

I'm used to KS projects displaying the stuff added to the base pledge in the extra "unlock" graphics below.