Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 14, 2020, 04:05:05 PM
The best thing about that IS snapshot (vs the Tiger next to it), is the squad of airborne assault elite troopers on the back.

That's an actual historical feature, not a bug! (The Guards Rifle divisions and corps and armies were built from about two million air assault troops Stalin had training in the backfield in case he ever needed to land a few air assault armies in someone's backfield by surprise. Turns out he never needed to do that, but he had been preparing since the early 30s. They damn well saved Russia, and also by the way Stalin's government, several times in WW2. This is why ever since 1943, whenever a new airborne assault unit is formed, it has gotten the Guards designation in remembrance of the sacrifices of the airborne assault armies on the defense from 1941 going forward.)
hope you are right on this :-)

Russian Tanks

Jo B

We ask for community help!
That Hotel is not really a Hotel, so what would you write on that Station sign?
Tigers are being trasported as they have to feature heavily on the upcoming trailer!

a small station in France or Belgium with a short name.

Sir Slash

California? No, no forget that one. How about, 'The Grogheads Inn'? Give it a little class.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

I ran across a fair number of those reading Case Red last year (the first half of which covers Case Yellow/Fall Gelb in equal depth). I'm not where I can access my Kindle at the moment, but I'll try to check on some things.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

That's my ride right there!  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jo B

thanks for kudos  :)

first building ruin decoration (the extension to rowhouse wall)
Decorations can be freely aranged and rotated in the map-editor, they have no impact on game. Some of them have a ruin version.
When a vehicle comes too close they get damaged. We now have about 45 decorations. more to come.

JasonPratt

I reloaded Case Red onto my Kindle the other day, though I haven't been in a position to search for a small rail-town on the French/Belgian border (in the first Case Yellow half of the book) circa WW2. Do you still want some selections?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jo B

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 23, 2020, 10:54:41 AM
I reloaded Case Red onto my Kindle the other day, though I haven't been in a position to search for a small rail-town on the French/Belgian border (in the first Case Yellow half of the book) circa WW2. Do you still want some selections?
thanks for your interest in the game. we now have 'Vitry' and 'Amiens' for the staion. this will apear only for a short moment in the trailer video, but not in game.
there are some PzKpfw VI loaded. It is just late war. We not have the French nor British nations in game but want add them later.

Jo B

the decorations are easy to create and implement in short time.
more difficult is to find some good ones.

A decoration has no impact on gameplay. (Decoration has no rules, it is just for making them game more pretty)
A decoration must be small enough that it not looks like a terrain or something that prevents a truck or infantry to move into the hex
A decoration should not look like a new obstacle to LOS
A decoration must be big enough to be visible.

Some examples:
a broken car , maybe
a broken Bus , could be too big
a water ton, is ok
a chair or table very close, could be too small. but we have a bench. too many of them could be seen as hindrance to LOS.
Barbet wire, that has rules and is not decoration, will be created later with implemented rules.

when you guys have ideas about new decorations, let me know.   
Pictures of dioramas are sometimes very useful to illustrate a specific idea.

Jo B

the same situation four times
after the Pak knoced out two tanks the others fight back