[Dominions 5] Grogspocalypse Now! (FINISHED)

Started by al_infierno, May 06, 2020, 08:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Although our two nations never met formally on the field the peoples of Uruk are saddened by this news.  Although picking up table scraps is not bad. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

I sent my turn in, but the server has not acknowledged it. No one else registers as having submitted a turn either.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

I wonder if there's a hiccup due to C'tis turning over to AI.  Maybe it would help to use the "Force hosting now" admin option?  I'll leave the decision in w8's hands as it's no longer my game.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

I have also submitted a turn, so this isn't an issue limited to Solops.  Probably either something with the handoff or just a llamaserver issue.

Edit: other games on llamaserver appear to have recent 2h files received, so it's probably us.

W8taminute

This morning I woke up to see that my email inbox has 8 messages from llamaserver all of them saying that my turn 39 file has been received and it seems fine.  Something is not right I think with llamaserver but when I return home tonight I'll check the admin options in our game setup to make sure nothing funky happened there.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

TheMeInTeam

As of right now game status says only Mictlan hasn't submitted a 2h file.  Hopefully that's true and he just hasn't, rather than more weirdness.

Ajidica

Turn just submitted and got response email saying new turn being processed. Sorry for late submission!

TheMeInTeam

No worries about that, was just concerned about the 8x "your turn was received" after not accepting our submission for quite some time.  Hope we're back on track now, although it seems my Gmail is down so I can't actually download the new turn file yet...

Ajidica

Sorry about the slow turn submission this week guys. Work was super-busy and I've been more than a little preoccupied with everyone ending their NAP with me at the same time!
Hope to be more regular is my submissions.

solops

Tomorrow, Sunday, I leaving on a road trip until next weekend. I am taking my laptop and should be able to keep up turns.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Guys, my laptop overheated and had a meltdown. I may not be able to get it started again. If so, I cannot do turns until next Saturday +/-. Please watch this thread as it is my only way to communicate (via Kindle).

solops

OK, this is looking real bad. It won't start. I changed out the CMOS battery, the main battery and the power supply, trying different combinations of the above. I did re-sets, holding down the power button with and without the battery and power supply installed, etc. No joy. Not looking good. This old 2013 Alienware M17X R4 I bought in late 2013 (?) may have finally croaked.

TheMeInTeam

It's unfortunate...if you can't use other machines I'd obviously advocate extending the advancement time until you're situated again.

al_infierno

I went ahead and extended the turn timer to 9999 hours, since I'm pretty sure w8aminute would prefer to wait a minute than have solops miss a turn :P

Lemme know if you guys want me to change it back to 72 once solops is home, otherwise I'll leave it as is unless w8 wants to change it again.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

My wife thinks this is a father's day plot to get a new laptop. My son thinks it's great fun. He has spent several hours now shopping for a new laptop for me.

And thanks for setting up the delay. If I can get it running while on the road, I'll be shocked. The turns now are really important.