[Dominions 5] Grogspocalypse Now! (FINISHED)

Started by al_infierno, May 06, 2020, 08:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Everyone's in now except Uruk.  Guess we'll w8 a minute.  ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Ajidica

Its Tough to be a God, the God of Mictlan, looks forward to you all making his life less tough by recognizing His Greatness and preemptively surrendering to the Glorious Nation of Mictlan.

EDIT: Also, because diplomacy using in-game messages is awkward at best, feel free to message me on Steam for diplo. Same username and avatar.

W8taminute

Quote from: al_infierno on May 20, 2020, 05:42:40 PM
Everyone's in now except Uruk.  Guess we'll w8 a minute.  ;D

And a minute is all you have to w8 for!   ;D

Pretender submitted.  Thanks for setting this up al_infierno.  This should be fun.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Hit dat start button and put in my first turn.  O0

Let the best groghead win!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

FYI, it occurred to me that I can change the turn interval.  I increased the time limit from 24 hours to 72 hours to give everyone a bit more breathing room.  O0

- MengJiao

TheMeInTeam

Yeah.  We should mostly shoot for ~turn a day where possible, but it's better if someone needs a little more time to not stale them.  The implications on the game can be pretty significant.

Ajidica

Sounds good. Hopefully we can keep up the 2 turns/day for the early stage of the game.

Myrmidon

Sorry guys.. last turn was in my Spam folder for some reason. >:(

I kept waiting and waiting for the next turn last night.  Saw everyone online and was thinking, hmmm... wonder what's up.  When I checked this morning I saw I was the only hold up..... :crazy2:

al_infierno

New patch rolled out today, including a new EA nation!

Anyone know if this patch will have an impact on our ongoing game?

- MengJiao

solops

I do not believe it or the subsequent hotfix will matter to us.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

- MengJiao

W8taminute

Yup, I had no issues last night running our PBEM.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Friday PM - Gents, sorry for my tardiness. I will get this turn in tonight, but I will be slow until Sunday PM. My wife unexpectedly scheduled a mini-family reunion this weekend and I will have a house full of relatives this weekend. I should be able to sneak off and keep things rolling at a slow pace, at least.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

al_infierno

No worries, take your time and let me know if you need me to extend the turn timer.  I'd rather do that than have anyone miss a turn.  O0

- MengJiao

al_infierno

With that last turn, my pretender died unsuccessfully defending my capital, so I'm effectively knocked out of the game.  I've handed off the admin PW to w8 - good luck to the survivors who'll be fighting over scraps of my corpse  :notworthy:

- MengJiao