Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar

Started by Destraex, August 25, 2018, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

IronX

Those odds are not good. According to the Combat Results Table, the Nazis are gonna lose even if they throw double sixes and add their +2 Wolfenstein modifier.

Destraex

sandman2575

I'm a nitpicker so things like "Strenght" bother me probably more than they should -- as does the fact that the tutorials in SD'44 refer to tanks as "armors" and they *still* haven't corrected the name of the Panzer-ace Michael Wittmann (misspelled "Wittman" in the game...)

That said... SD2 looks *awesome*. I truly cannot wait for this. The operational map looks fantastic and addresses what is really my only complaint about SD'44, the lack of a dynamic campaign.

Destraex

Re: The Campaign map
Unread postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 5 Sep 2018 17:15

I can confirm it isn'tn the campaign map.  ;)

It was a contextual map to explain Bagration to journalists at the Gamescom.

Destraex

You guys will be happy to know that steel division 2 will feature a slow down mode. So the preview below says;

"One of these choices is to slow down battle. One of the biggest issues I had with Normandy 44 was that things were too fast for me to process and react to, so having the ability to slow everything a bit will be fantastic. "

https://www.windowscentral.com/steel-division-2-pc-preview-eastern-front-we-go-ww2-rts

RyanE

Destraex

Yes I think you can. However I do not know if this feature was in the initial release. So it may be new to the reviewers who only play the games they review once.

jomni

Quote from: RyanE on September 14, 2018, 08:45:38 PM
Can't you already slow down the Normandy game almost to a pause?

Yup.  But I don't play that slow.  I only slow it down a notch.

Destraex

Steel Division 2 pre-order trailer and feature list out:

COMMAND YOUR ARMY. FIGHT YOUR BATTLES.
Steel Division 2 pushes the limits of the WW2 RTS experience. Set on the Eastern Front in 1944, this sequel of the critically acclaimed Real-Time Tactical game puts you in charge of your entire army during Operation Bagration, the Soviet offensive against Nazi armies in Bielorussia.

Play as a General in the 1:1-scale turn-based Dynamic Strategic Campaigns, as a Colonel in the epic Real-Time Tactical Battles, as an Weapon Expert in the brand-new Deck Building System.

With more than 600 units, 25 maps, and multiple game modes, Steel Division 2 lets you play as you want and offers hundreds of hours of gameplay in solo, multiplayer and coop.

GAME CONTENT (ALL EDITIONS)
4 Brand new turn-based Dynamic Strategic Campaigns
New setting, the Eastern Front, with the mighty Red Army and Axis powers
Over 600 historically accurate units
18 new divisions
Realistic battlefields spread across 25 different maps
Tons of game modes, offline and online, including co-op and massive 10v10 multiplayer battles
Substantial changes to the Deck building mechanics
New, realistic art direction to deliver a more immersive visual style
Revamped combat offering a more refined tactical experience

https://www.steeldivision2.com/buy/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs