Thank the maker! 'Star Wars Squadrons' leaked

Started by Gusington, June 12, 2020, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Green Man is offering 5.00 off a pre-purchase of Squadrons tonight and against my better judgment I have pre-purchased.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 02, 2020, 10:30:56 PM
Green Man is offering 5.00 off a pre-purchase of Squadrons tonight and against my better judgment I have pre-purchased.

Stop it.  This one's going to be good.

If it's not I'll eat one of my Star Wars hats
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 02, 2020, 11:16:34 PM
Pre-purchasing?

Nah, stop complaining.  Embrace the dark side.  Do not hesitate! Pre-purchase. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

em2nought

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 23, 2020, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on June 23, 2020, 02:43:47 PM
I'd read that it was 633 Squadron (or the other mosquito film) - where they're flying up a fjord to drop a bomb onto an inaccessible ledge whilst being pounded by flak.

The answer is yes.  He borrowed heavily from both.  He also cited Guns of Navarrone and Wings as influences. 

However, it was The Dam Busters that most inspired the actual play by play of the Death Star attack. 

Wow, emphasis on "Heavily" borrowed.  I'd never seen any footage from "The Dam Busters" before this.  Whoever wrote the script for "The Dam Busters" should at least get a Christmas card from George Lucas every year.
Stolen elections have consequences.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: em2nought on July 03, 2020, 02:10:00 PM
Wow, emphasis on "Heavily" borrowed.  I'd never seen any footage from "The Dam Busters" before this.  Whoever wrote the script for "The Dam Busters" should at least get a Christmas card from George Lucas every year.

To be fair to Lucas it's not like he ever denied it.   Star Wars was just one long homage to multiple other sources, from WW2 Aerial Combat Films, to Kurosawa to Dune, Flash Gordon and Buck Rodgers.   Heck, if he'd gotten the rights to make a Flash Gordon film in the 70's we'd never even have Star Wars. 

For me that's kind of what makes the original Star Wars great, it mashes up a lot of different properties and ideas and fits it into it's own frame.  That's why Faverau and Filoni are making the best Star Wars material right now with Mandalorian and Clone Wars, they seem to be the only ones that get that. 

Gusington

^I totally agree with this post. Good stuff.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

kind of snuck up on me...5 days to release, october 2

Gusington

WOW me too - and I pre-ordered! Oct. 2 still sounds so distant.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on September 27, 2020, 07:48:28 PM
WOW me too - and I pre-ordered! Oct. 2 still sounds so distant.

Yep, kind of wish I wouldn't have noticed today and just seen it the day befpre release:)  I have it as part of EA Access, which sounds like will be available for preload on October 1st...with my slow connection, that's much appreciated.

Gusington

After making progress on my back catalogue during this pandemic, I am starting to see it grow steadily again with a new stream of AAA releases like Mafia, Rogue Squadron and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

But the consolation here is that I have been able to save more money (also because of the pandemic - not having to commute or buy lunch for 6+ months goes pretty far) I will be getting my new rig on Black/Cyber Monday after Thanksgiving - and will be able to play these games on the new machine.

Rogue Squadron will no doubt be glorious!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

You're not helping :/

My wallet screams for mercy!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd