Wouldn't it be Friday

Started by Anguille, July 10, 2020, 03:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Tomorrow's my B'day so i picked my all time favorite singer, Nik Kershaw (since my b'day in 1985 - 35 years). His new record is out soon (just released an EP with six songs but no videos).

I plan to play the following games:

Northgard scenario 4 and 5.

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece new game of the month

Imperiums: Greek Wars...i may be invited to a french stream of the game so i need to get familiar with the game again (have been mostly working on the translation). Official release is at the end of the month.

Have a great weekend guys.

Stay alive.

Gusington

Happy birthday!

In honor of your birthday I will continue with my Sniper Elite 4 campaign, start the Battle Academy Western Desert campaign and perhaps play a little Brass Brigade.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

I have my daughter's first communion this weekend, so gaming will be limited.

Most time will probably be spent with Factorio, Satisfactory and Monster Train. 
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Happy b-day, mang!

Still on the racing circuit(s), and having been out of town for the past week, I'm rrruuussstttyyy!

Stay frosty my friends!

W8taminute

Happy birthday Anguille!  I love Nik Kershaw.  Good choice for a Friday thread. 

I'll be playing Dark Souls: Remastered and some Dominions 5 PBEM.  Other than that not sure what I'll be playing over the weekend. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GroggyGrognard

Enjoy your birthday weekend man!

On tap will be Shadow Empire, starting a new game of The Last of Us, and some Golf with Your Friends with the girlfriend.

Have some good gaming and a safe weekend, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Jarhead0331

Happy birthday, bro! Enjoy.

Not sure what the weekend will bring...been playing a hodgepodge of  stuff. Looking forward to the release of Ghosts of Tushima next week on PS4!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

airboy

Happy Birthday!

Probably going to continue Strategic Command WW1 as the Entente and Erik2's US Corps 1944-1945 campaign for Order of Battle.

Also Congrats on your daughter's first communion.  My parish is having a first communion for kids or adult converts almost every other Sunday since they could not be done during Easter.

jamus34

Quote from: airboy on July 10, 2020, 10:37:28 AM
Happy Birthday!

Probably going to continue Strategic Command WW1 as the Entente and Erik2's US Corps 1944-1945 campaign for Order of Battle.

Also Congrats on your daughter's first communion.  My parish is having a first communion for kids or adult converts almost every other Sunday since they could not be done during Easter.

Thank you AB. Yeah this was postponed from April or May 
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

Anguille,

Bon anniversaire. :)  Thanks for posting that video. I forgot who he was, I remember when I saw that video...wow back in Puerto Rico I think it was.

I think I might play Deity Empires.  Or Shadow Empire.  I am just not sure.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

Happy B-day!   :bd:

This weekend will be markedly shadowy in the far reaches of space.  I'm balls-deep in a desert world campaign of Shadow Empires and actually having my first ever really strong start -- albeit on beginner difficulty and with an absurdly friendly post-apocalyptic community surrounding me, ripe for the back-stabbin' and plunderin'.   :knuppel2:  It's possible my logistical network might not completely collapse before the first major war!  The map generator was very kind to me.

I discovered the multiplayer Discord for Dominions 5, set up a new game, and it quickly ballooned to 15 people.  I had picked EA Tien Chi, expecting no more than 6 or so people to join, but now I'm regretting my life choices as I hear they're a high-skill-ceiling nation, especially in a long slogging campaign.....  #:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Balls-deep?

*clutches pearls*

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2020, 05:27:08 PM
Balls-deep?

*clutches pearls*

Are they your balls?

Quote from: CJReich46 on July 10, 2020, 04:39:51 PM
I think I might play Deity Empires.  Or Shadow Empire.  I am just not sure.

But an empire will definitely be involved.

Quote from: jamus34 on July 10, 2020, 06:20:29 AM
I have my daughter's first communion this weekend, so gaming will be limited.

Congrats on her first communion!

I will be playing some combination of Civ IV:BtS mp, Magic the Gathering:Arena, and M2TW (without Stainless Steel as, despite the disclaimer of ease of setup, I can't figure out how to do it) as Turkey.  I hate being in the path of the distant Mongols, but, I hope to have Byzantium and Egypt already in the fold when Subutai comes calling.

And happy birthday, Anguille!  I hope you spend it exactly as you wish!   <:-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^I should only be so lucky.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I have a long weekend of Assassin's Creed games ahead of me.  Primarily Odyssey.

My wife started playing it again on our PS4 so I have to stay ahead of her on PC.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback