Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 07, 2020, 10:50:10 AM
Damn, 'King Al' died. He...seemed so...strong...and healthy, as he happily pillaged and looted the countryside around Algiers.  :'(  Now his... less capable...son, Rodrigo takes over. Spain could be in some Deep Pooh.

SS...What game is this?

al_infierno

Poor Al.  He had the makings, and name, of a true Champion King.  :/

@Rayfer, it's Medieval 2: Total War

I do gotta say, actually completing those Crusades is an accomplishment in of itself.  Are you planning on striking out to the Americas and duking it out with the Aztecs when the time comes for that?  THAT'S the true meme-tier late game  :D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

I actually did that on my first Long Campaign as Spain back when the game first came out. This campaign is a Short one because you still have to complete a campaign as one of the 5 factions they give you at start before all the other factions unlock. You're right al, conquering the New World and then trying to pacify it is truly a monumental challenge in this game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Killing Floor 2, putting in some work with the double barrel.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

I call it "The Hallway to Hell"  ;D

Sir Slash

That's gonna take more than a mop and bucket to clean-up.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Nice screenies -budd-.  The gore kind of reminds me of Horde Mode in Gears of War 3.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Man.  Gotta get that one day - spent tons of time in Killing Floor 1.

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity 2: The Beast of Winter. I won't tell you which of these is the correct response, but I will tell you Number 4 is the LEAST likely one to result in a peaceful ending.  :knuppel2:

-budd-

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 25, 2020, 09:47:33 AM
Pillars of Eternity 2: The Beast of Winter. I won't tell you which of these is the correct response, but I will tell you Number 4 is the LEAST likely one to result in a peaceful ending.  :knuppel2:

Now that made me laugh, thx ;D .

So how far along are you and is it as good as #1

Sir Slash

Not as good as #1 but still pretty good. Especially it you liked #1. I'm at the end of the Beast of Winter DLC which you cannot go back to after you get to the End Game section, you get a warning before this happens. Like the first game, it gets less interesting toward the end, at least it does for me. But still a great game. There's quite a bit of humor in the game and some R rated language. Beware.

-budd-

I did like #1, but interest started to wane at the end, pretty much forced myself to finish the DLC just for completion's sake. I have to remind myself not to get all the DLC as i'm usually done after the main story quest and side missions.

It will be awhile before i get to #2, Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition is next on the list for these types of games. Also in the middle of Neverwinter Nights 2, which i put down awhile ago and still have to get back to.

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 26, 2020, 09:56:18 PM
Not as good as #1 but still pretty good. Especially it you liked #1. I'm at the end of the Beast of Winter DLC which you cannot go back to after you get to the End Game section, you get a warning before this happens. Like the first game, it gets less interesting toward the end, at least it does for me. But still a great game. There's quite a bit of humor in the game and some R rated language. Beware.

As I look back at the many RPG's I've played I have to admit that in most of them the first half, or even two-thirds, are far more enjoyable than the last half or one-third.  The first parts are full of discovery while the endings are often a long-drawn out slug-fest with a next-to-impossible boss-battle at the very end.   

Sir Slash

I agree totally with the exception of the original Baldur's Gate which lead up to a very nice exciting climax, very suspenseful at the end. I'm also still clinging to the idea one day I'll finish Neverwinter Nights 2 and maybe I will. But probably not. Now BG 3 looks really enticing.  :dreamer:

Sir Slash

I totally forgot about, 'Planescape Torment'. It had the best ending of any game I ever played. And was one game I really wanted finish to discover the fate of the Nameless One. Great game but somewhat dated by now.