Polaris Sector - another new space 4x

Started by RedArgo, November 02, 2015, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Sadly the other 4x game has overshadowed this.

Jarhead0331

Nothing downloaded on my system...hmmmm...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: solops on May 17, 2016, 08:16:09 PM
Apparently patch 1.04a is done per the official forums. I do not know much about it as as do not have the Steam version.
I read that too, though it hasn't been released to the main branch on steam yet.  Dunno if it is on the beta branch. 

Anguille

Quote from: jomni on May 17, 2016, 08:28:51 PM
Sadly the other 4x game has overshadowed this.
Yeah...too many 4x coming out the same year.

Freyland

Jarhead0331

Fixed the military training academy issue and added some nice features regarding fuel storage and tankers...don't see anything related to working on the AI fuel cheat, though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Freyland on May 20, 2016, 11:33:23 AM
Beta patch available on Steam
Sweet, they will be adding heroes.
Fixed the exploit that allowed to destroy factories after building orbital factories - uh didn't know this was an exploit, more of a feature :)  Wonder what this will do to my saves...

bbmike

Destruction of planets

Excellent. Set a course for Alderaan...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Dread Rlyeh

Well my saves seem to work fine.  The planets with orbitals and no factories are still producing.  I only used this on a few Earthlike planets and each has 1 orbital. 

So far so good with the dev support and their plans for the future. 

Freyland

"Heroes backend now fully functional"

Doesn't anyone else find that funny?!?

mikeck

I believe this was the official patch release of what had been the beta patch. So if you have been playing with the beta, your saved games should be ok since the patches are similar. Of course, this could be total bs
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: mikeck on May 20, 2016, 12:46:42 PM
I believe this was the official patch release of what had been the beta patch. So if you have been playing with the beta, your saved games should be ok since the patches are similar. Of course, this could be total bs
I was on the main branch 1.03c, but switched to beta to get 1.04a.  My concern was that on Earthlikes, where I really wanted to max my farms/research, I would build like 6 factories, then an orbital, and max everything out.  Then, destroy 1 factory, build a few farms, destroy another, more farms + research, etc.  Finally I'm sitting at 1 orbital no factories which is a state you can't reach in 1.04a because you can't destroy those last 3 factories. 

Didn't seem to be an issue, though I only ran for a couple months, tried adding stuff to my build queue and checked production times.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Freyland on May 20, 2016, 12:31:37 PM
"Heroes backend now fully functional"

Doesn't anyone else find that funny?!?

;D
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

FarAway Sooner

Freyland, that line kind of bums me out.

Sparhawk

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 20, 2016, 11:36:14 AM
Fixed the military training academy issue and added some nice features regarding fuel storage and tankers...don't see anything related to working on the AI fuel cheat, though.

Since the game has technology for fuel collection I've decided to suspend disbelief concerning the boneheads that love to roam around across my empire bombing my facilities or other nefarious activities. It does help having military ships or bases positioned at key points where enemy ships will travel through.